Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mancity0327
    • By Mancity0327 12th Jun 17, 5:19 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mancity0327
    Insurance for UK self catering holiday
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:19 PM
    Insurance for UK self catering holiday 12th Jun 17 at 5:19 PM
    Can anyone recommend any suppliers of Holiday insurance to cover our self catering holiday, ferry and travel to the Isle of Wight?
    I want to cover cancellation for illness, travel disruption etc.
    I usually book oversees holidays and book the suppliers separately... can't remember what the insurance was called to cover all the separate suppliers?
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 12th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 5,403 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    If you booked the place to stay via an agency they may well offer insurance too - one of the ones I used in the past even included it automatically in the price
    • Mancity0327
    • By Mancity0327 12th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mancity0327
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    If you booked the place to stay via an agency they may well offer insurance too - one of the ones I used in the past even included it automatically in the price
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    I booked direct with the property owner so it's not an option, but thanks for taking the time to reply.
    • jblessing
    • By jblessing 12th Jun 17, 7:23 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    jblessing
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:23 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:23 PM
    I rarely go on a package holiday and just book normal holiday insurance. The only experience I have had of claiming on holiday insurance was a bad one (with Axa), but the fact that each part of the holiday was booked separately wasn't an issue.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 31,495 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    Can anyone recommend any suppliers of Holiday insurance to cover our self catering holiday, ferry and travel to the Isle of Wight?
    I want to cover cancellation for illness, travel disruption etc.
    I usually book oversees holidays and book the suppliers separately... can't remember what the insurance was called to cover all the separate suppliers?
    Originally posted by Mancity0327
    It's called travel insurance.

There is a MSE article on cheap travel insurance. See quick links at the top of the page
    • Mancity0327
    • By Mancity0327 13th Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mancity0327
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    Ahhh I have found what I was looking for "End supplier failure" insurance but not sure if this covers uk self catering holidays
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 14th Jun 17, 9:59 AM
    • 5,403 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:59 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:59 AM
    Ahhh I have found what I was looking for "End supplier failure" insurance but not sure if this covers uk self catering holidays
    Originally posted by Mancity0327
    Try googling 'uk holiday insurance' - it's worth getting something specific to the uk so that you avoid the built in cost of medical expenses that cover for holidays abroad needs to include.

Hits that I came up with (no personal experience of these) include

https://www.freedominsure.co.uk/uk-travel-insurance
    https://www.cancellationplan.co.uk/
    https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/travel-insurance/united-kingdom/
    http://www.insurefor.com/uk-travel-insurance
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,642Posts Today

8,067Users online

Martin's Twitter