Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anmadogo
    • By anmadogo 12th Jun 17, 3:31 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    anmadogo
    Credit score and savings help please
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:31 PM
    Credit score and savings help please 12th Jun 17 at 3:31 PM
    Hello all,

I hope you can help with a couple of questions i have:

I recently had a remortgage application that failed to be completed as my broker made an error and applied for the product too early. (I would have accrued an early repayment charge from my existing mortgage company if the application had been processed) The offer has since expired and I have had to look for a new product.

Alongside this, I have been in the process of reviewing my finances, and have been advised to pay the money from 2 expired ISA's I have into premium bonds. I have never had premium bonds before and therefore need to complete an application.

Soooo my question is, given the fact that my credit score has recently been affected by my failed application for remortgage, is it ok to apply for the premium bonds now i.e. would it affect my application/credit rating? And what in real terms will having a mark on my credit report mean for me?

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 12th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 1,700 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    Savings accounts don't get reported back to the credit reference agencies so you should be ok. I also don't think you get credit checked for opening savings accounts/premium bonds.

Having 1 credit search against you shouldn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • anmadogo
    • By anmadogo 12th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anmadogo
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    Thanks very much Candyapple!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

169Posts Today

2,057Users online

Martin's Twitter