Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrMadhatter
    • By MrMadhatter 12th Jun 17, 3:22 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 31Thanks
    MrMadhatter
    LIDL Athena parking charge
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:22 PM
    LIDL Athena parking charge 12th Jun 17 at 3:22 PM
    I have just received a parking charge notice from Athena - stating that I over stayed the free parking by 15 mins and that I need to pay them £90 or £45 if paid within two weeks.

I have read for forums and understand this is a unenforceable invoice, but I am just wondering the best way to go about this.

If i read right Athena are no longer BPA and should the appeal be refused there is no one else to appeal and I can expect debt collector letters.

I have no receipt, but it does say on my partners bank statement that we spent £15 on said date.

In my case should I appeal on the Athena website or should I contact lidl head office, I found this email but I dont know if its right?

compliance@lidl.co.uk

Thank you for your help
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    • 13,212 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    Do a forum search on 'Christian Haertnagel' (get the spelling right!) or 'Lidl Athena' and follow advice there.

Email complaints to CH get this cancelled. The email is NOT the 'compliance' one you've quoted.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • MrMadhatter
    • By MrMadhatter 12th Jun 17, 3:52 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    MrMadhatter
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:52 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:52 PM
    Thank you, I cannot seem to find the proper email, do you have a link?

also should I send the IPC template to athena at the same time?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 31,540 Posts
    • 15,546 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    1) Do a search on this forum

2) Yes continue following the newbies faq route at the same time as complaining. Though after sending the IPC letter you will see that the newbies faq advises you to wait and see!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jun 17, 4:05 PM
    • 13,212 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:05 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:05 PM
    Thank you, I cannot seem to find the proper email, do you have a link?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650626&highlight=haertnagel

also should I send the IPC template to athena at the same time
    Yes, but don't expect anything other than a rejection - depending on where you are with the Athena 21 day deadline, see how your CEO appeal goes first.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • MrMadhatter
    • By MrMadhatter 12th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    MrMadhatter
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    1) Do a search on this forum
    Originally posted by Quentin
    I am aware of using forum searches so regular members dont keep responding to the same question over and over, but with a forum this size it can be very hard to find what you are looking for, and or it is out of date.

I will try the CEO first as i do have some time 6th of june was the date of the "offense"

Thank you
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 770 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    @MrMadhatter: try this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5642706

This user got his LIDL/Athena ticket cancelled. There are plenty more threads like this around in the last few months alone. All follow the same process of complaining to Christian Haertnagel. You have proof of spending £15 in LIDL so you were a genuine customer, you shouldn't be paying this charge. Send in the complaint like the user in the link did and let us know how you get on.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 31,540 Posts
    • 15,546 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    I am aware of using forum searches so regular members dont keep responding to the same question over and over, but with a forum this size it can be very hard to find what you are looking for, and or it is out of date.

I will try the CEO first as i do have some time 6th of june was the date of the "offense"

Thank you
    Originally posted by MrMadhatter
    Not being awkward

Posting an individuals email is not allowed.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    • 47,020 Posts
    • 60,387 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    I agree, you were not being awkward.

Any poster only needs to put 'haertnagel' into a search box and click 'show posts'. Easy.

No need for any link or email addy to be posted here.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MrMadhatter
    • By MrMadhatter 13th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    MrMadhatter
    Found the email and sent a mail to the man, about 24 hours ago with no response. Is there an advisable time to wait with no response before resending?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 31,540 Posts
    • 15,546 Thanks
    Quentin
    Got to give him at least a week
    • MrMadhatter
    • By MrMadhatter 13th Jun 17, 5:40 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    MrMadhatter
    Ok will do, thank you.
    • MrMadhatter
    • By MrMadhatter 14th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    MrMadhatter
    It worked, got this email just a moment ago, thanks all

"Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for taking the time to contact our CEO. I have been asked to respond to you on his behalf.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, I have contacted Athena and have requested that this charge be cancelled. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH
    "
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 9:36 PM
    • 47,020 Posts
    • 60,387 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yay - as always! Every complaint helps annoy Lidl as well as stop a scammer getting money.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-06-2017 at 9:55 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 13,212 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    There you go. And thank you for updating us. You'd be surprised at the number of people to whom we give (often extended and complex) advice just can't be arsed to drop a quick note of their outcome.

Having this feedback - especially when advice turns things around in 48 hours - keeps me (and I'm sure all the other regulars) motivated in continuing the fight against the many injustices perpetrated every day by this skimdustry.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,765Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter