Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tugela
    • By Tugela 12th Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 106Posts
    • 28Thanks
    Tugela
    One parking solution fine
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    One parking solution fine 12th Jun 17 at 3:21 PM
    I have received a fine from one parking solution .... the photos are time stamped 12.41 and show my car ... the fine states wrong registration .. fine says Y592 and I am Y952. I have a ticket which expired at 14 15....two hour ticket. I disputed this as the machines were out of order. One was working and people were asking where the working one was ... right at the end of the park. I am not young and have a dodgy ankle so obviously took longer to get there and back after helping others .. they not interested said i must pay .. what can I do ?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    actually , they should have given you a POPLA code

has this been given ?

as you then have 28 days from the date of the code to appeal to POPLA, has this expired yet or roughly now many days are left ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Tugela
    • By Tugela 12th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tugela
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    They gave me a POPLA code. Is it worth pursuing this? The actual fine states the wrong Reg No. - In fact I could not sign into the site to check this fine as the reg was wrong - so I informed them and they quickly changed it without telling me... sneaky??
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    even if you lost at popla you are not required to pay

you only owe the money if a judge says so

its your choice but most people would and should do a decent popla appeal based on post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially if there are errors on the paperwork
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Tugela
    • By Tugela 12th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tugela
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    Thanks. One other question. This alleged violation was on 10 May yet the postage date this was sent was 2 June. Somewhere I read they have to fine you within 15 days - is this correct.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    • 33,606 Posts
    • 17,511 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    No mileage there - and it isn't a "fine" (they can never fine you!)
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    no , they cannot "fine " you at all, that would be illegal or unlawful because private parking "fines" were made a civil law issue years ago , or were never "fines in the first place"

they can issue an invoice within 6 years, but if they wish to follow the law , namely POFA2012 they have to send it so it arrives by day 15 for ANPR events (not windscreen tickets) , if they dont follow POFA2012 then they can send it when they like

if you admitted being the driver in your appeal, then POFA2012 does not apply in which case you would have made your case harder to win as you cannot hide behind POFA2012 if you admit that you were driving

so what you are saying is they failed POFA2012 but in post #1 you hinted that you admitted to driving, a classic mistake
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 51,886 Posts
    • 65,532 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    I have received a fine from one parking solution .... the photos are time stamped 12.41 and show my car ... the fine states wrong registration .. fine says Y592 and I am Y952. I have a ticket which expired at 14 15....two hour ticket. I disputed this as the machines were out of order. One was working and people were asking where the working one was ... right at the end of the park. I am not young and have a dodgy ankle so obviously took longer to get there and back after helping others .. they not interested said i must pay .. what can I do ?
    Originally posted by Tugela
    Win at POPLA.

Read the NEWBIES thread, post #3, that's what it's there for. Show us your POPLA draft based on the template wording.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Tugela
    • By Tugela 12th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tugela
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    no , they cannot "fine " you at all, that would be illegal or unlawful because private parking "fines" were made a civil law issue years ago , or were never "fines in the first place"

they can issue an invoice within 6 years, but if they wish to follow the law , namely POFA2012 they have to send it so it arrives by day 15 for ANPR events (not windscreen tickets) , if they dont follow POFA2012 then they can send it when they like

if you admitted being the driver in your appeal, then POFA2012 does not apply in which case you would have made your case harder to win as you cannot hide behind POFA2012 if you admit that you were driving

so what you are saying is they failed POFA2012 but in post #1 you hinted that you admitted to driving, a classic mistake
    Originally posted by Redx

EEEKKK yes I did admit I was the driver -oh well shall try POPLA and see how it goes !
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 10:30 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    shame , if you read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619279 and read the assessors report you will see why we say do not name the driver

you should have asked on here a month ago when the NTK arrived, especially as you have been a member here for 8 years

good luck
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

359Posts Today

2,280Users online

Martin's Twitter