Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsInce
    • By MrsInce 12th Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrsInce
    CCJ help please
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    CCJ help please 12th Jun 17 at 2:59 PM
    I have googled till I'm blue in the face so forgive me if this question is simple.

I have a CCJ that is due to come off next October. My credit is very poor (apparently). I keep all payments up to date (all my credit agreements are green) and the only other thing that is affecting me is that I don't have much available credit on my only credit card (which I'm sorting).
    So my question is... will my report improve by miles once the ccj comes off?
    Thank you
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jun 17, 3:01 PM
    • 14,128 Posts
    • 14,817 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:01 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:01 PM
    Lenders will view you much more positively when you no longer have a CCJ on your files.

However, it also depends on what else is on your files. Hopefully you're building credit history through using and clearing the card each month.
  • National Debtline
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    Hi MrsInce and welcome to MSE,

Your credit file and overall credit worthiness is constantly influenced by many factors to give you your overall rating. These factors can include your age, whether or not you are a homeowner and/or on the electoral role, anyone you have financial associations with and, of course, your financial history.

So, once the CCJ comes off your file it will be generally more positive, but unfortunately, no one will be able to say by how much your score/ rating will improve because of all the other elements that need to be considered.

Hope that helps,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • MrsInce
    • By MrsInce 12th Jun 17, 3:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrsInce
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:11 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:11 PM
    Thank you. I understand most of that (learning all the time, it's tricky this credit malarkey).
    I think the only things are the ccj and my credit card. I suppose I just want some reassurance whilst I'm just sitting waiting for it to clear!!
    • MEM62
    • By MEM62 13th Jun 17, 9:45 AM
    • 1,383 Posts
    • 995 Thanks
    MEM62
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:45 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:45 AM
    it's tricky this credit malarkey.
    Originally posted by MrsInce
    There are those that would like you to think so - particularly the CRA's. In reality it is fairly simple. Run your finances responsibly, live within your means and you will be fine.
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    sheff6107
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    You make it sound so easy. Until one week the freezer, washing machine and car all break down. And you are self employed and a big invoice still hasn't been paid after 8 weeks.
    Hmmm.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,309Users online

Martin's Twitter