Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScottTFC
    • By ScottTFC 12th Jun 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ScottTFC
    Employer delay - missed appeal time
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:58 PM
    Employer delay - missed appeal time 12th Jun 17 at 2:58 PM
    This is my first post, apploisges if it out of place

I received a parking ticket for stopping on double red lines at john Lennon airport, I was lost looking for a works area. I pulled to the side to read the signs and to allow a bus to pass me, I never left my van and was there for 20-30 seconds before I did a U turn and left.

The fine was on 28/4 but by the time it had been sent to fleet then on to my company to process it was the 8/6. The fine said I had till the 19/5 to appeal, do I still have room to appeal of ive misses the cut off or should I take it up with fleet/my employer
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 14,763 Posts
    • 18,559 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    just follow the IPC advice in the newbies sticky thread and send the IPC template to VCS

after that (and their rejection)

IGNORE vcs

bylaws apply on the airport, this has covered zillions of times on here and parking pranksters blogs

the airport have 6 months to take you to magistrates court under the bylaws (they never do)

ignore VCS and their debt collectors like B W LEGAL atc

come back if you ever receive any official court papers about this incident

do not come back about DCA letters , ignore those

after 6 months and then 6 years , neither option can be taken to court

now edit post 1) and only mention what the DRIVER may have done , do not infer who was driving (never do that on a public forum)

the words "me , myself and I" are banned
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 10:33 PM
    • 48,195 Posts
    • 61,668 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:33 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:33 PM
    Or use the 'lessee/hirer' appeal as set out by Edna Basher, near the bottom of the first post in the NEWBIES thread. Just don't say who was driving, call yourself lessee/hirer and talk about the POFA para 13/14, and lack of keeper/hirer liability on Airport land.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 13,593 Posts
    • 21,318 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    You have absolutely no prospect of getting this cancelled, no matter who you now write to, appeal to or complain to. That's not to say you should pay it, but you will need to ride this out for the next 6 years, the amount of time VCS has to pursue you through the courts.

Will they pursue you through the small claims court? You'd be the very first - they have a cash cow to protect at LJLA and we believe they would not dare have a judge decide against them, that's why there are hundreds and hundreds riding this out. But that's not to say it won't be an easy ride; you'll need to be ready for debt collector and solicitor letters at various stages.

Here are two threads by hexaflexagon over on PePiPoo which will help you get a good understanding of all the issues surrounding 'stopping where stopping is prohibited' at LJLA. This guy has (and continues to) put in an immense effort to thwart VCS.

Should any LJLA get to court, there is a pledged fighting fund to cover legal representation.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=98959&hl=

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=98345&hl=
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 11:48 PM
    • 48,195 Posts
    • 61,668 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:48 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:48 PM
    Same as all the other cases like it. No paying it! Read other cases exactly the same.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,781Posts Today

9,112Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin