Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jennyt
    • By Jennyt 12th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jennyt
    Ipa advice
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    Ipa advice 12th Jun 17 at 2:07 PM
    Hi i really hope someone could put our minds at ease over IPAs. My partner is due to be discharged tomorrow but hasnt heard anything about paying an IPA, he is currently self employed and has submitted his financial statement to the OR in Sept then again in March this year but they haven't contacted him since. Is it right that if tomorrow comes and goes and he hasn't heard anything they cannot start an IPA after the discharge date.

Many thanks
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    Hi Jennyt and welcome to MSE,

As long as your partner has complied with all of the requests for information from the OR, and nothing has changed that he has failed to declare, then I cannot see any way how they would impose an IPA on him after discharge. The OR really needed to get the IPA set up within the 12months before discharge, if they haven't done that, it would indicate that no IPA is necessary.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • Jennyt
    • By Jennyt 12th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jennyt
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    Many thanks for your reply Laura, only wish we had come across this forum a year ago.
    The reason for our angst is we weren't sure whether he would have to supply the last 3 months figures before they decide on IPA which would take that until end of June but according to government website his discharge date is tomorrow.
    This has been a very stressfull time, just can't wait for it to be over.

Many thanks again.
    • Johnsmith2016
    • By Johnsmith2016 18th Jun 17, 11:55 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    Johnsmith2016
    • 18th Jun 17, 11:55 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 11:55 PM
    No. Enjoy your life forget about the IPA here on out. Happy days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,696Users online

Martin's Twitter