Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 12th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    • 1,305Posts
    • 6,132Thanks
    MandM90
    Meal Plans WC 12/06/17
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    Meal Plans WC 12/06/17 12th Jun 17 at 2:04 PM
    Mon - Salad, veggie burgers, hummus, seeded wraps
    Tues - Homemade wild garlic and walnut pesto pasta, peas
    Weds - Beans on toast(!)
    Thurs - Veggie sausages, braised cabbage, sweetcorn, mash, gravy
    Fri - Curry from freezer
    Sat - Mushroom and lentil bolognese, salad
    Sun - TBC (depends what veg is on offer in Lidl on the weekend )

What's everyone else planning on having?

M
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • JButler
    • By JButler 12th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    JButler
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    Mon - Honey mustard chicken tray bake with hassle back potatoes and spring veg.
    Tue - Parmesan crusted pork loin steaks, garlic butter bean mash, roasted tomatoes and steamed greens.
    Wed - Spiced lamb chops with herby cous cous and courgette and asparagus salad.
    Thurs - Skirt steak fajitas with charred onions and peppers, guacamole, salsa, coriander rice, corn salsa and salad.
    Fri - Cod and pancetta fish cakes, buttered cabbage, wilted spinach and herby new potatoes and poached egg.
    Sat - Spinach, chicken and ricotta cannelloni with garlic bread and rocket and parmesan salad.
    Sun - Not sure as yet!

Just finished the going through the freezers and cupboards so hopefully will only have to do a quick top up shop for bread, milk etc for the month, so determined to get back on track!
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 12th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 6,132 Thanks
    MandM90
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    That's a very fancy menu!
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • K9sandFelines
    • By K9sandFelines 20th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1,817 Posts
    • 15,363 Thanks
    K9sandFelines
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    Mon - Salad, veggie burgers, hummus, seeded wraps
    Tues - Homemade wild garlic and walnut pesto pasta, peas
    Weds - Beans on toast(!)
    Thurs - Veggie sausages, braised cabbage, sweetcorn, mash, gravy
    Fri - Curry from freezer
    Sat - Mushroom and lentil bolognese, salad
    Sun - TBC (depends what veg is on offer in Lidl on the weekend )

What's everyone else planning on having?

M
    Originally posted by MandM90
    Would love your wild garlic and walnut pesto recipe.please. will thisbwork with standard garlic?Thanks.
    GC 2017 (£4,000 (£2777.66)) Jan £346.72 Feb £241.99 Mar £280.29 Apr £196.58 (app.) May £232.77 Jun £191.14 Jul £280.45 Aug £362.70 Sep £304.10 Oct £240.92 Nov £161.20 (up to and incl. 20/11) + Smart Pass £1.99 x 11= £21.89

~ Still learning the art of frugality ~
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 23rd Jun 17, 1:58 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 6,132 Thanks
    MandM90
    • 23rd Jun 17, 1:58 PM
    • 23rd Jun 17, 1:58 PM
    Would love your wild garlic and walnut pesto recipe.please. will thisbwork with standard garlic?Thanks.
    Originally posted by K9sandFelines
    Hi K9sandFelines, here is my pesto recipe. Wild garlic is a leaf and so a bit difference, but you could substitute spinach/watercress instead and add about 6 cloves of 'normal' garlic to the mix to make it suitably pongey.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

2,343Users online

Martin's Twitter