Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Suzanna22
    • By Suzanna22 12th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Suzanna22
    Delays with connection of BT Broadband
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    Delays with connection of BT Broadband 12th Jun 17 at 1:48 PM
    So, I decided to switch suppliers from Virgin BB to BT. I thought this would be a great way to save money as my VBB offer had expired I am now paying the full amount every month, also at the time to switching over BT were offering a good introductory rate and cashback offer.

I completed the necessary forms with BT in April, waited for the hub to arrive it came beginning of May. Fast forward to today, and my broadband still isn't working. I've had numerous communication and empty promises from BT about my service being connected but still it isn't working.

Thankfully my VBB still works, and being without internet is a no-no as I rely heavily on it for Uni and wifi calls (my mobile reception is really poor.)

Questions: do I continue holding out for BT, cashback, reduced monthly subscription and compensation? Or do I give up and go grovelling to Virgin for them to reinstate my BB?
    Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
    Last edited by Suzanna22; 12-06-2017 at 4:11 PM. Reason: Grammar
Page 1
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 12th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    • 1,347 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    Perhaps you can give more details
    Is your phone service working but not your broadband, or is it your phone and broadband that are not working ?
    Is the broadband 'Infinity' fibre to the cab. (FTTC) or regular exchange based broadband ?
    Has the property had BT type service in the past ?, if so have you located the 'BT' master socket ?
    It's not unheard of, for 'cable' installers, to completely remove the BT socket and wiring when they installed the cable service, they shouldn't do this, because it's not theirs to interfere with, plus it makes it difficult for BT to restore service but they often did it anyway.
    What reason have BT given you for the delay ?
    Only you can decide if it's worth waiting for BT to resolve the problems or cancel your BT order and contact VM to cancel your cancellation with them and continue to be a VM customer, albeit at a higher price than you previously paid
    Last edited by iniltous; 12-06-2017 at 5:26 PM.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 21st Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 1,839 Posts
    • 1,005 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    Though its all with your compatibility. If the service is good, go head or choose others. Make a good start with it.
    Originally posted by saranmahesh
    Pork and ham coming soon?
    • Suzanna22
    • By Suzanna22 22nd Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Suzanna22
    • 22nd Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    Virgin contacted me with a better offer so I went with it. Just need to try and get hold of BT to cancel their order! Sigh! This is becoming ridiculous.

Anyway, thank you for your responses.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,001Posts Today

6,220Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin