Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • em_fletcher
    • By em_fletcher 12th Jun 17, 1:06 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    em_fletcher
    Parking Eye - DW Sports Wigan
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:06 PM
    Parking Eye - DW Sports Wigan 12th Jun 17 at 1:06 PM
    Hi all,

Just looking for some info/moral support.

A letter has been issued in the post from Parking Eye, it's a £100 fine (reduced to £60.00 if paid within 14 days)

Ticket purchased: for 1 hour although it doesn't the state the time the ticket is valid until.

It says on the back of the letter, vehicle entered the DW Sports Wigan pay and display car park (at the said times above) and that the signage which is clearly displayed at the entrance says this is private land and that it is managed by Parking Eye. In addition the signage states that as a paid car park, a parking charge is applicable if the motorist fails to make the appropriate tariff payment..... By either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by remaining at the car park for longer than permitted , in accordance with the t&c's set out in the signage the parking charge is now payable to parking eye.

Please could someone tell me if there is a grace period for getting to and from your car.. In neither of the photos is the car stationary, its on the way in and on the way out.

(The driver still has the parking ticket)

Please could someone advise the best course of action / template to use.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by em_fletcher; 13-06-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Page 2
    • PurpleSun
    • By PurpleSun 3rd Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    PurpleSun
    Thanks Coupon for your support and thanks Ralph for the links, I keep searching!

I am now at the POPLA appeal stage and I might need your expertise once I have written it. Before I do so I would be grateful if you could tell me if my case is worth appealing. This is the background...

The driver had paid and displayed and this was not reflecting on the PCN but the appeal was rejected by ParkingEye as "insufficient time was paid". Driver genuinely thought that the car was ok to stay parked for up to 1 hour 30mn. Driver paid £2.50 and ticket which has been kept shows this. The driver paid that amount as display showed £2 for 1hour £3 for 2 hours to make sure that covered for more than 1 hour to be on the safe side. The machine accepted transaction and there was no mentioned of having to enter exact change or no change given. So driver was confident that sufficient time had been paid. The ticket itself is misleading as it shows "purchase time" and not "paid until" making it difficult to accurately know until what time car is safe to stay. Duration from entry to exit was 1 h 16 min but from actual time paid 1 h 13 min.

Should I go ahead with POPLA appeal?

Many thanks in advance
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Oct 17, 11:36 PM
    • 3,991 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thanks Coupon for your support and thanks Ralph for the links, I keep searching!

I am now at the POPLA appeal stage and I might need your expertise once I have written it. Before I do so I would be grateful if you could tell me if my case is worth appealing. This is the background...

<snip>
    Originally posted by PurpleSun
    Purplesun, it really would be a good idea to start your own thread.

I.e. cut and paste your post above into a new thread.

Confusion will surely result if you continue your issue here.
    • PurpleSun
    • By PurpleSun 5th Oct 17, 11:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    PurpleSun
    Thanks
    Thanks KeithP. I have taken your advise and created a new thread
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 10th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2,341 Posts
    • 2,846 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    did the appeal go off ?

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin