Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 31st May 17, 7:41 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Consumer 1
    0 WOW
    Poss techie q - advice re hotel booking
    • 31st May 17, 7:41 PM
    0 WOW
    Poss techie q - advice re hotel booking 31st May 17 at 7:41 PM
    I booked a hotel with an unarmed company. When arriving at the hotel the said I had bkd for 1 person not 2. I have a screenshot of the unnamed companies app showing my bkg for 2 people. The unnamed company are saying that I have tampered with it to show 2 people (I wish I was that clever and techie!). The unnamed co have now amended the details so that my app is showing 1 person bkd). Is there any way I can prove they changed this on their systems after realising their mistake? By the way the manager of hotel booked said I had to pay another €600 or my room would be locked, cases confiscated and thrown out of the hotel!!! I am beyond angry!
    Any advice greatly received, thank you
Page 2
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 12th Jun 17, 12:50 PM
    • 4,815 Posts
    • 3,529 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    Merging these 2 threads you started as they are both about the same problem
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 12th Jun 17, 5:28 PM
    • 15,811 Posts
    • 39,525 Thanks
    FBaby
    Did you delete the email confirmation and emptied your deleted folder?

Really you best chance for an argument is to retrieve that email.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin