Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 31st May 17, 7:41 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Consumer 1
    0 WOW
    Poss techie q - advice re hotel booking
    • 31st May 17, 7:41 PM
    0 WOW
    Poss techie q - advice re hotel booking 31st May 17 at 7:41 PM
    I booked a hotel with an unarmed company. When arriving at the hotel the said I had bkd for 1 person not 2. I have a screenshot of the unnamed companies app showing my bkg for 2 people. The unnamed company are saying that I have tampered with it to show 2 people (I wish I was that clever and techie!). The unnamed co have now amended the details so that my app is showing 1 person bkd). Is there any way I can prove they changed this on their systems after realising their mistake? By the way the manager of hotel booked said I had to pay another €600 or my room would be locked, cases confiscated and thrown out of the hotel!!! I am beyond angry!
    Any advice greatly received, thank you
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 31st May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 18,431 Posts
    • 14,144 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 31st May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 31st May 17, 8:22 PM
    How can you book a hotel with an unnamed (or even unarmed!) company? It makes no sense.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 31st May 17, 9:05 PM
    • 831 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 31st May 17, 9:05 PM
    • 31st May 17, 9:05 PM
    Do you not have an e-mail confirmation of what was booked?

Is this mysterious company UK or EU based? If so, small claims sounds like the way to go (assuming you paid the extra €600).
    • Westin
    • By Westin 31st May 17, 9:07 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    Westin
    • 31st May 17, 9:07 PM
    • 31st May 17, 9:07 PM
    Why the mystery of the "unarmed" / "unnamed" company?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 1st Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    • 2,676 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 1st Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    • 1st Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    I booked a hotel with an unarmed company. When arriving at the hotel the said I had bkd for 1 person not 2. I have a screenshot of the unnamed companies app showing my bkg for 2 people. The unnamed company are saying that I have tampered with it to show 2 people (I wish I was that clever and techie!). The unnamed co have now amended the details so that my app is showing 1 person bkd). Is there any way I can prove they changed this on their systems after realising their mistake? By the way the manager of hotel booked said I had to pay another €600 or my room would be locked, cases confiscated and thrown out of the hotel!!! I am beyond angry!
    Any advice greatly received, thank you
    Originally posted by Consumer 1
    Talk to yor cardprovider about disputing the original charge.
    • Sicard
    • By Sicard 1st Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    Sicard
    • 1st Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 1st Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    Is the company unarmed but dangerous?
    A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
    Baltasar Gracian
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 12th Jun 17, 10:45 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Consumer 1
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:45 AM
    Booking.com advice req'd
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:45 AM
    Hi Fellow consumers,
    I need some advice please. I made a hotel booking with booking.com. When I arrived at the hotel they said I had only booked and paid for 1 person. I had in my booking.com app details of my booking for 2 people. After around 3 hrs of phone calls between booking.com me and the hotel, both said I didn't have sufficient proof of booking for 2 and if I didn't pay extra money the hotel would confiscate my cases and lock my room. Does anyone else have experience of this and have any advice they could offer me on how to get my additional money back. I was a woman in a foreign country travelling alone with my son... The hotel manager was very aggressive so I felt very intimidated. many Thanks
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 12th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Consumer 1
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    Unarmed LOL I meant unnamed... I have since named the company in another request for help.... Thanks to everyone who replied....
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 12th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    What does your confirmation email from Booking.com say? You
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 12th Jun 17, 11:07 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Consumer 1
    Hi,
    I didn't keep my confirmation email as I have always used the booking.com app. Never experienced this problem ever before using booking.com app. I have screenshots of my booking, which they had the audacity to say I had tampered with! If only I was that clever and techie! I have sent a twitter to apple to ask if there is a way to prove my screenshot is authentic... Either booking.com or the hotel clearly made a mistake, however it is me who has had to pay for this mistake and have the manager intimidate me with his aggressive behavior... It was that bad my 16 year old son had to step in!
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 12th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Name & shame them then but always keep your email confirmation
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 12th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 722 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    You should be able to access the booking details/booking history on your account with Booking.com.
    Last edited by happyandcontented; 12-06-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 12th Jun 17, 11:19 AM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    Caz3121
    what was the hotel and board basis? how much extra were you asked for?
    room only tends to have a rate by room
    with rates that include meals (b&b, half board, full board, all inclusive) will have a rate per person
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 12th Jun 17, 11:21 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Consumer 1
    Yes 'happyandcontented' I agree, except once I had pointed out the error they changed it at booking.com to show 1 person! To be honest I don't think I will have a leg to stand on just don't want anyone else to experience what we did at least.... I have review the hotel with our experience on booking.com website, however it says it may be posted after it has been reviewed by their mediators (which I'm guessing will mean they won't post). Will also post on tripadvisor once I have complained to the hotel group directly for the manager behavior etc...
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 12th Jun 17, 11:37 AM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 5,887 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    If nothing else, you'll have everyone on here scampering and looking at any Booking.com bookings they've still got to travel to.....you did me.
    • Consumer 1
    • By Consumer 1 12th Jun 17, 11:44 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Consumer 1
    Glad it got you to check 'PompeyPete'
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Jun 17, 11:45 AM
    • 2,018 Posts
    • 2,437 Thanks
    waamo
    Why have you made 2 threads for essentially the same issue?
    This space for hire.
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 12th Jun 17, 12:18 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    If nothing else, you'll have everyone on here scampering and looking at any Booking.com bookings they've still got to travel to.....you did me.
    Originally posted by PompeyPete
    But, if they tampered with the booking after the fact then a screenshot may be a wise precaution too!
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 12th Jun 17, 12:24 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 2,657 Thanks
    sheramber
    How much is the price on Booking.com and how much did you pay?
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 12th Jun 17, 12:36 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 5,887 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    But, if they tampered with the booking after the fact then a screenshot may be a wise precaution too!
    Originally posted by happyandcontented
    I always print a copy of hotel confirmations off.....lose your smart phone and you've probably lost your booking too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin