Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cgrossman
    • By cgrossman 12th Jun 17, 10:02 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cgrossman
    Linked Addresses
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:02 AM
    Linked Addresses 12th Jun 17 at 10:02 AM
    An address which I am moving into next month is appearing on my credit report as a linked address. I initially inserted it into soft searches as my current address, as that is where I will be living shortly. However, realised I would need to insert my actual current address when making applications. Will the fact that a random address is appearing on my credit report as a linked address affect my chances of obtaining credit?
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 12th Jun 17, 10:42 AM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,862 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:42 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:42 AM
    That doesn't sound right. A soft search will leave no record of linked address on your files - only a hard search will do that, so somewhere along the lines you must have applied for something and done a hard search.

Which credit reference agency are you checking / is this info showing up on?

If the address is already showing, then given it's only a month until you move, you would be better off waiting until you have moved in to the address and are on the electoral roll before applying for anything otherwise you may find yourself being declined due to address inconsistencies.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

704Posts Today

4,480Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin