Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dairen
    • By Dairen 12th Jun 17, 9:42 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dairen
    Help me! Vodafone won't take my money
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:42 AM
    Help me! Vodafone won't take my money 12th Jun 17 at 9:42 AM
    Hi everyone. I hope someone is able to give me some advice.

I've recently been clearing and sorting out my debt. Finally I'm down to just the one debt left, owed to Vodafone.

Recently received a letter from a collection agency and rang them to arrange a payment plan because the bill is around £3000 due to several handsets and tablets being terminated. They advised me that Vodafone had requested the debt back from them recently but were unable to advise me why.

I then rang Vodafone to enquire what had happened and if I could sort it out with them. The sales advisor wasn't very helpful at all. He basically assumed that I was going to pay it off in 3 payments and proceeded to set it up. I advised him I'm not the person to have a thousand pounds spare a month as I have rent, bills, car, food etc

Im willing to pay them £100 a month as that is what I can afford. But they are refusing to help. I'm now stuck with a debt I can't sort out. No say as to when they will outsource to another agency so do I just wait or can I go anywhere for help?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 11,499 Posts
    • 11,095 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    Hi,

I know this can be frustrating, especially when its the last account you owe money too.

Best advice would be to wait until they sell the debt on, which they will eventually do.

Vodafone are a nitemare to deal with, judging by the stories we read on here, they do have reps on this forum, but communicating with them has proved difficult and unreliable in the past for a lot of posters.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Dairen
    • By Dairen 12th Jun 17, 1:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dairen
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:06 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:06 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes it is rather frustrating, I'm glad you understand!

Vodafone are awful, I asked the advisor what was the next step as I'm offering to pay and your saying no, pay more. He basically just told me to pay or go away.

I was thinking I'd probably have to wait to deal with an agency who would be more understanding. Thank you for the advice.
  • National Debtline
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:20 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:20 PM
    Hi Dairen,

You should keep all negotiations in writing and start by writing to Vodafone with your SOA and making your offer again. Vodafone are able to refuse the offer, but you need to persevere with them. If they continue to refuse your offer you should send the money anyway (if you have the payment details) or save it to one side and then you can use it to pay the debt collector if and when they sell it on.

If Vodafone refuse to give you the paying in details you may be able to raise the issue as a complaint, because although they don't have to agree to your offer - in favour of suspending action - they shouldn't refuse the money itself. I hope you get it all sorted,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 12th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    • 11,050 Posts
    • 8,244 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    There's a Vodafone rep on this board - no doubt he will pick this up in the next day or two, so keep checking in.

Or take the initiative and follow instructions in this post

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72662608#post72662608
    Last edited by fatbelly; 12-06-2017 at 6:19 PM.
  • Vodafone
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:48 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:48 AM
    Hi Dairen,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us.

If you'd like any help from me, email me via the contact details which fatbelly has provided a link to.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,294Posts Today

7,967Users online

Martin's Twitter