Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Weewdy
    • By Weewdy 12th Jun 17, 8:17 AM
    • 53Posts
    • 407Thanks
    Weewdy
    Car insurance renewal help after accident
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:17 AM
    Car insurance renewal help after accident 12th Jun 17 at 8:17 AM
    I was involved in an accident whilst driving my partners car, i was a named driver on his policy, insurance decided on the other parties favour so i was at fault.

When we renew his policy the question is, has the driver been involved in any accidents/claims in the last 5 years? Do we put yes under my partners name (as the claim was made on his insurance) or my name (as i was the one to blame, and who had the accident).
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    As long as you remain on the policy it goes down as part of your claims history
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 12th Jun 17, 1:14 PM
    • 694 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:14 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:14 PM
    If you are renewing with the same company, then you don't normally need to do anything. If you are planning to go to another company or via a comparison site, the answer to the question would be 'No' for your partner, and 'Yes' for you, if you are added as a named driver on the new policy. The question is normally 'has the policy holder...' and 'has the named driver ....'
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 12th Jun 17, 10:06 PM
    • 1,166 Posts
    • 809 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:06 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:06 PM
    Who was driving when you had the accident? That's your answer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,289Posts Today

8,496Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin