Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 12th Jun 17, 6:30 AM
    • 1,718Posts
    • 738Thanks
    isasmurf
    Hisa?
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:30 AM
    Hisa? 12th Jun 17 at 6:30 AM
    Okay, I have to ask: There's been a few references to HTB ISAs as HISA over the past few days. Why are posters suddenly referring to them this way? I've never come across this acroynm before for a HTB ISA.
Page 1
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 12th Jun 17, 9:12 AM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    greenglide
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:12 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:12 AM
    For consistency

Presumably to make it like the LISA rather than the Lifetime ISA?

Who knows!!!
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 5,466 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    I blame tabloid sub-editors and their insatiable desire to shorten everything to the nth degree (hence the Arsenal manager being headlined as "Weng", etc) or alternatively the creeping prevalence of txtspk, lol....
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jun 17, 11:15 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 4,337 Thanks
    badger09
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:15 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:15 AM
    I blame tabloid sub-editors and their insatiable desire to shorten everything to the nth degree (hence the Arsenal manager being headlined as "Weng", etc) or alternatively the creeping prevalence of txtspk, lol....
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    tru dat esk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,877Posts Today

7,462Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin