Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Threwaway
    • By Threwaway 12th Jun 17, 2:54 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Threwaway
    PPI from 1995? on a repo house
    • 12th Jun 17, 2:54 AM
    PPI from 1995? on a repo house 12th Jun 17 at 2:54 AM
    Back in 1995 -2000 i made a real balls up, lots of loans with abbey national, and ended up losing my house.
    Ended up walking away from all kinds of misery CCJ's etc by the brave act of disappearing for a number of years, i've no idea if any of these loans had PPI on them, is there anyway i can find out? and if i do will i be liable for any debt repayment from the left behind misery?
    Last edited by Threwaway; 12-06-2017 at 3:09 AM.
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 12th Jun 17, 8:54 AM
    • 7,227 Posts
    • 4,631 Thanks
    -taff
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:54 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:54 AM
    Even if your loans did have PPI and are now statute barred [probably, including the mortgage] then the redress will go towards any amounts written off, outstanding or in arrears.

The only way to find out is to ask.Or send SARs and £10 each to each company to see whats left.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    • 18,887 Posts
    • 9,032 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    Ended up walking away from all kinds of misery CCJ's etc by the brave act of disappearing for a number of years, i've no idea if any of these loans had PPI on them, is there anyway i can find out?
    Originally posted by Threwaway
    I think you'd be better off letting sleeping dogs lie.

Even if you had PPI, any redress awarded from a successful complaint would be offset against the debts you failed to pay off. Numerous SAR letters would cost you £10 each, which is money you'd likely never recover.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,264Posts Today

8,533Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin