Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 12th Jun 17, 12:32 AM
    • 1,501Posts
    • 897Thanks
    Sncjw
    Facebook grpup
    • 12th Jun 17, 12:32 AM
    Facebook grpup 12th Jun 17 at 12:32 AM
    I'm on a Facebook group and theh are all sharing their credit scores. Saying is good or bad. Trying to tell them ignore the score and a lot are just looking at one cra. Also telling them to check history. It's so painful to see that they are hung up on their score.
Page 1
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 12th Jun 17, 6:23 AM
    • 819 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:23 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:23 AM
    It's hard enough convincing users of this site about CRA scores - so you probably have a snowballs chance in hell of convincing facebook users ;-)
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Edi81
    • By Edi81 12th Jun 17, 7:09 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    Edi81
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:09 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:09 AM
    What Westminster said!
    Even though people are constantly saying "IGNORE THE SCORES!!!!"
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 12th Jun 17, 7:34 AM
    • 819 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:34 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:34 AM
    We don't have the same marketing budget as CRAs (despite the integrity of the impartial position of not having anything to 'sell')

It's an uphill struggle to fight the myth - one I generally gave up long ago.

But if you still have the energy ..... then go for it
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 12th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 477 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    The whole credit score thing reminds of a Mitchell and Webb sketch, where a team are trying to work out how to sell more toothbrushes.

"If we tell them to brush their tongues, they will brush their tongues."

So many products are sold to us, where we are told that we need it, so we go with that. Whether we actually do or not is irrelevant.
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 12th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    This site reminds me of another M&W sketch.

CompareCompareCompare.com ... we compare your comparison website ... because you need to spend all day to save 20p ;-)

Still love the site though hahaha

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

704Posts Today

4,480Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin