Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 11th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 19,972Posts
    • 227,079Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 12th June 2017
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 12th June 2017 11th Jun 17 at 9:37 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms

Level 1

Open window
    Empty waste bins
    Wipe shower screen or wash shower curtain
    Clean shower tray
    Clean taps, pipes and shower head
    Wipe tiles down

Level 2
    Dust windowsill
    Clean windows
    Polish any mirrors
    Scrub toilet
    Wipe down outside of toilet

Level 3
    Clean pull cord and door handles
    Scrub basins
    Polish taps
    Polish towel rail
    sweep/mop floor

Extras
    Wipe down all tiles in here
    Wash towels in a hot wash
    Put out fresh fluffy towels
    MAD half hour - pick a TOOTS list project - or an ongoing task eg drawer sorting/weeding/cupboard tidying/sewing box sorting out and work for half-an-hour only and make a difference OR spend 10 minutes in each reception room, straightening/tidying/bin emptying/putting away cushion plumping - a tidy room automatically looks clean! Post your progress!

Tuesday Twinkles Living room

Level 1

Open the windows WIDE
    Empty the bin
    Clear the coffee table - polish and dust
    Wipe coasters, light switches, door handles and sticky sockets
    Deal with any withering or wilting flowers
    Treat the pot plants to some water and a wipe/spruce up

Level 2
    Vacuum or wipe sofas and chairs including under seat cushions
    Fold throws and hang
    Vacuum drapes
    Wipe sills
    Polish windows and mirrors

Level 3
    Dust everywhere
    Wipe skirtings, dado and picture rails
    Flick a feather duster over pendant lights and wall lights
    vacuum/sweep floor
    Steam mop/mop hard floors

Extras
    Catch up with the ironing
    Have you time for a MAD half hour?
    Give doormats a bashing outside.
    Make sure nothing is turning into compost in the fridge - weave those withering veggies into your meal plans
    S&S kitchen and bathroom (which shouldn't be too onerous - given it was cleaned yesterday, wasn't it?)

Wonderful Wednesday

Kids' Rooms/ Spare rooms/guest rooms

Level 1
    Open the windows wide
    Binbag dance
    Strip the bed and turn the mattress - if you can
    Clean under the bed if accessible
    Remake the bed

Level 2
    Dust any shelves and sills and flat surfaces
    If a guest/spare room check the lighting is fully-functional
    Wipe switches/sockets/skirtings

Level 3
    Clean the windows
    vacuum curtains/dust blinds
    Deal with the floor

Extras
    Peg out some washing
    do a MAD half hour somewhere
    HHI
    Book out some me time - nail or hair appointment/coffee with a friend - something to look forward to!

Thursday Thrills Kitchen Kapers

Level 1

Wipe table - don't forget to wipe under, too , where sticky fingers linger and drops go to die.
    Polish it, pop on a new cloth, wipe table mats
    Wipe/polish chairs and seats and don't forget underneath!
    Wipe chair and table legs

Clear kitchen sides and wipe worktops and splash backs. Replace what belongs there; rehome - or fling - what doesn't

Level 2

Wipe cupboard fronts including edges where drips live and die
    Wipe fascia boards
    Polish DR furniture
    Wipe gpdoir handles light switches and similar grease and grime traps

Level 3
    Wipe sills
    Polish windows and door glass
    Sweep, mop and/or vacuum floors

Extras
    s&s bathrooms
    Give doormats some attention
    MAD half hour attend to the garden and water plants in pots if you can think of nothing else
    Enjoy the nice weather - meet up with someone for a coffee and a natter in a nice cafe...

Frantic Friday - catch up day - pick a room which needs the FLYLADY sparkle (hall/conservatory/bedroom)

Level 1

Clean floor
    Binbag dance
    rehome anything out of place
    clear floordrobes
    Open windows
    Strip beds

Level 2
    Reamke beds
    Vacuum soft furnishings
    Wipe switches
    Dust everywhere - incl light fittings

Level 3
    Clean windows and mirrors
    Wipe sills
    Clean floor

Extras
    peg out some washing
    Make sure you have suncream in, and hats etc
    make some HM ice lollies (Freeze - yoghurts/fruit juice/diluted squash/angel delight) and ice cubes ready for the heatwave
    MAD half hour - tackle those froggies!
    HHI - it'll be too hot to iron this weekend - get it out of the way ASAP
    Last edited by Valli; 16-06-2017 at 7:48 AM.
Page 2
    • rb6ac
    • By rb6ac 12th Jun 17, 2:11 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 2,339 Thanks
    rb6ac
    Thanks for the lists!

I'm in again this week, think I can manage Level 1 and 2 today! Didn't update progress last week but completed each day

Edited to add- managed level 3, pleased with how bathrooms are looking
    Last edited by rb6ac; 12-06-2017 at 4:27 PM.
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 12th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 6,729 Posts
    • 85,962 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Well my morning consisted of a visit to reset my dads burglar alarm, a phonecall with chaperone license people then a mad dash to sort another referee, and clothes shopping for DD. Happily she likes everything I chose and they all fit, bar one pair of leggings that need taking in on the waist - but perfect fit in the leg. Can't believe most of them were age 8-9 poor DS just got a pair of cheap football socks

My afternoon was studying, I've just a couple of theory introductions to do and that's it! All units finished! I didn't technically need to do the last section until next week but I'm on a roll and next week could be busy so thought I'd get ahead.

I'm going to organise dinner and empty the DW. We have turkey steaks but no idea what with, it may be broccoli and a 'proper' dinner. Will tidy hall too and move laundry as have another decorator coming to quote...

Then I suppose I'll clean the downstairs loo...
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #91
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 12th Jun 17, 4:59 PM
    • 2,287 Posts
    • 13,890 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Really really tired. I think I may be coming down with something. DH still at work, kiddies eating dinner then it's their bath time. I expect I'll be in bed just after them tonight.

Will make DH lunch for tomorrow now. Hopefully a good nights sleep will be just the ticket...
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 5.6.17 - £123,900
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 12th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 38,875 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Done nearly all the level 1 as well as paid stuff then took rubber mats up to my friend's for her horse, helped power wash them and left her and her friend putting them down. Mucked out a stable too but guess that's not really flying is it!

ATB sorry you're feeing rough - as you say hopefully an early night will sort it

Narco well done on more work!

Bossy glad you're almost at the end of your course now; doesn't seem it's been that long but probably does for you!

Beepers going for oven so got to go, will try to fly a bit more later

• Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 12th Jun 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,398 Posts
    • 20,240 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Done nearly all the level 1 as well as paid stuff then took rubber mats up to my friend's for her horse, helped power wash them and left her and her friend putting them down. Mucked out a stable too but guess that's not really flying is it! Of course it is. And rubber mats are ridiculously heavy too.

Narco well done on more work!Thank you.
    Yes I know it sounds mad as the work is hard and tiring in many ways, but at least it is a guaranteed income (pretty much)
    for the next 2yrs by which time I'll be 61 and can reassess depending on what state the country is in.
    Originally posted by Mumof2
    Marvellous Monday Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms

Level 1

Open window
    Empty waste bins

Level 2
    Dust windowsill
    Clean windows
    Polish any mirrors
    Scrub toilet

Level 3
    Scrub basins
    Polish taps
    Polish towel rail
    sweep/mop floor

Had mammogram.
    Went to Mr A.
    Re-scheduled shoulder injection for early July.
    Had MAD time in garden pruning, putting up fruit cage and cutting back all aquilegias as we have millions.
    Paid cc bill.
    Checked bank statement.
    Read solar meter, sent it off, checked payment. It's been a sunny quarter!
    Went through diary/calendar for next few weeks to check what might be happening.

Rather oddly when I got in the car this morning, I noticed that the back number plate was missing. I can't believe my little Hyunda1 roller-skate counts as collectible and it isn't meaningful so presume it dropped off somewhere. Pretty shabby as the car is only a few months old. Mr N whizzed into town to get a new one, no surprises it wasn't covered as a warranty item!!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Duckydo
    • By Duckydo 12th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 1,071 Thanks
    Duckydo
    Evening all, I managed it! I stuck to the list and now have a lovely clean bathroom
    Also got 2x wm loads done, counselling apt decluttered and visit to my cousin who has a flatter garden than me (not hard as we're on a hill!) to road test putting up a new tent.

Hugs toPigpen and ATB hope you both feel better soon, hope you get a call back soon FBO must be frustrating, congrats to Narc0 and Bossy on the new contract and for completing studying ahead of schedule. I hear you MrsMP on the craft scraps, I have a bag full I inherited from my Mum and have my own too

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all who need them.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 12th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 2,885 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Evening.
    Work done. I have an unexpected day off tomorrow, unfortunately unpaid due to lack of work. Still it will give me no excuse not to follow the list, will it ?!

Bathroom and cloakroom only got a s and s this morning, and will have to be better cleaned later in the week. Towels made it through the wm though. DW just finished and kitchen is sort of tidy. I spent my mad half hour out in the front garden after dinner trying to find the edge of the drive from amongst the overgrown lawn, ahem weeds . Hopefully I will finish it off tomorrow, but it looks better already. I'm still trying to write some sort of meal plan and shopping list. Then it will be an early night with my book. I haven't managed much sleep for the past few nights beyond about 3 am, so feel a bit in need right now.

Well done Bossy. Hope the early night helps you to feel better ATB.

Have lovely evenings all.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 12th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 32,593 Thanks
    ionafan
    Evening all.

Had a good but heavy day today:
    - cleared study floor and sorted lots of paper work
    - checked for reading prep for tomorrow's college lecture and discovered that there isn't any because we're doing safeguarding
    - met a friend for 2x coffee and a very nice omelette lunch
    - did an hour's work in a primary school on placement - great fun!
    - had an hour to kill before my next job so went to a GC and bought 6 heucheras in beautiful shades of crimson, orange and dark green, then to one of those "Home, home on the ..." shops for non-slip bath mats and punched pockets, resisting the opportunity to browse among their garden plants
    - my next placement job took longer than expected and was emotionally draining but oh so rewarding; but had to phone DH to say that I wouldn't be home as early as I had expected, so would he please heat up a meal for himself in the microwave if he still wanted to go out early this evening (he did)
    - decided to trim back a quince japonica which had thrown shoots out across the front path; also deadheaded some of the roses
    - emptied all the kitchen bins
    - cooked a comfort meal (but still SW friendly) for myself
    - was supposed to be going food shopping but sat down after my meal and simply didn't get up again until 9.00, but which time @!d1 was shut
    - went out and mowed the lawn and pulled up forget-me-nots (security lights are an enormous help!); also emptied a trug full of rubbish into the bin.

DH had hoovered while I was out.

Bed very soon: another busy day ahead tomorrow.

(((Hugs))) all round, especially to FBO, and spoons and sticks as needed x
    • Valli
    • By Valli 12th Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    • 19,972 Posts
    • 227,079 Thanks
    Valli
    Been to SW, have decluttered 3lbs
    Have ironed
    Have had an interesting conversation with my sister who is worried about mum and her short-term memory. I am to go to the docs (we use the same surgery) for a little chat...
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 12th Jun 17, 11:22 PM
    • 4,736 Posts
    • 50,080 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all

Congrats re new contract Narco
    Well done on placements Iona
    Great news on assignments Bossy
    Brilliant on all the lbs gone Valli

Really fed-up now with all this rain and wind. It's meant to be flaming June isn't it - only thing 'flaming' here is my temper about having to still have the heating on Sorry - moan over.

Dailies done
    Small upright freezer sorted
    Have managed to dust all through from top to bottom
    Kitchen WUDUPA and bunkers cleared and wiped
    Rubbish all evacuated

MAD today - eaten the paperwork frog that was covering desk. All sorted and filed/binned/shredded as appropriate

Hugs, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=1595....AUG=205.05/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1240....AUG=97.64/200
    Bulk buy.......AUG=12.38
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=126....AUG=13/15
    SPC130x57...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=414.96
    OS WL= -3/8 ......CC =666......Savings = £9250
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 13th Jun 17, 7:07 AM
    • 2,024 Posts
    • 18,269 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Hello ladies!

Hope you get some good legal advice FBO
    Valli - good luck at the doctors. Maybe they can give you advice about your mum.

I'm pleased to report a Level 2 success in the bathroom yesterday, with a few bits of Level 3 thrown in for good measure. Then, later that evening, the boys and then DH had baths/showers...might as well have not bothered

Spent most of the day sorting out electricians and builders, worrying about how much money is left in the pot (nowhere near enough) and discussing/approving/amernding plans with the architect for the next phase of the works. Oh, then had to feed DH's cousin and drive him home, which was a round trip of an hour.

Got to bed after midnight and awake at 4am, as usual...

Hugs xxx
    Womble No: 12 £3400.99 as at 5/4/2017
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
    • SpikyHedgehog
    • By SpikyHedgehog 13th Jun 17, 7:23 AM
    • 983 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    SpikyHedgehog
    Can I join please? I managed the Level 1s a couple of weeks ago, then had 2 weeks when DS2 (14yrs old) was refusing to go to school, and by the time I'd been to work each day, including time to talk to school & update them, check in on DS2, done the daily stuff, dragged DS2 out for a walk & fresh air, talked to him about why he'd not gone to school that day.... I had no energy for looking at the lists, let alone doing them

He did the end of the week at school the week before last, then more than half the week last week, and was in yesterday, so hope we've got past it for now! I do have an appt with school on Thursday to try to work out what more we can all do.

Work yesterday, so I aimed for Level 1 after work:
    Level 1

Open window
    Empty waste bins
    Clean shower tray
    Clean taps, pipes and shower head
    Wipe tiles down

Level 2
    Dust windowsill
    Clean windows
    Polish any mirrors
    Scrub toilet
    (with S&S in the morning)
    Level 3
    Clean pull cord and door handles
    Scrub basins
    Polish taps
    (with S&S in the morning)
    Polish towel rail
    sweep/mop floor

Extras
    Wipe down all tiles in here
    Wash towels in a hot wash
    Put out fresh fluffy towels

Also, did bin bag dance and cleaned out litter tray - Tuesday is bin day in Spikyland, so Monday is bins and litter tray day.

Looked for a USB to phone connector for DS2 to upload music to his phone and thought I'd seen it among the dust bunny herd on my chest of drawers in my bedroom. So corralled up the pens, hair clips, scouts badges from there and released the dust bunnies to the wild, but it wasn't there. So I looked in the other place I thought it could be and picked it straight up... Ah well, COD needed doing anyway. Of course, by now my bed was covered in a fine layer of dust, so changed the sheets.

And I'd washed out 1 of the fridge drawers on Sunday, so did the other 1 & cleaned the bottom of the fridge before putting away the veg I'd got when shopping after work.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (21), DS2 (14), and the cat, 1 hamster and DS1's leopard geckos.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 13th Jun 17, 7:24 AM
    • 4,241 Posts
    • 34,209 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Rather oddly when I got in the car this morning, I noticed that the back number plate was missing. I can't believe my little Hyunda1 roller-skate counts as collectible and it isn't meaningful so presume it dropped off somewhere.
    Originally posted by Narc0lepsy
    Oooh, dont wont to worry you but I saw something on the telly about people pinching number plates to put on their own similar car so they can avoid speeding tickets/parking fines/congestion charges. But then in all honesty it's more likely that it's fallen off or something!

Dizzy wondering how long you have been out of the house now, it seems to be taking a phenomenal amount of time. Hope it does feel like the end is in sight.

I went out to a new voluntary group last night. Get me. This is all about me meeting more people/doing new things/increasing my confidence. DH worries that I dont have time for this but its not a huge time commitment and I am doing it on a trial basis.

So today, two lots of paid stuff, possibly a meeting tonight for work, and a gym class if I can squeeze it in. Flying too somewhere!

Have a good Tuesday everyone x
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 13th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    • 2,287 Posts
    • 13,890 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all

Still feel iffy - light headed and dizzy, and craving crisps, white bread and bacon - none of which we have in the house! Odd. I have decided to send DS to pre-school an extra today so I can sleep and catch up. Working rest of the week so must feel right for that.

YL - Check you out, that's fab! Well done for having the guts to do it.

I was wondering the same Dizzy when will you be back in the house? x

Trying to galvanise 4 y.o DD out of bed - awake at 5.45 every day in half term, why not on a school day?!

Flying today will be limited to DW and WM, sorry xx
    MFW
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 13th Jun 17, 11:20 AM
    • 6,729 Posts
    • 85,962 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Morning!

I'm all done and printed!

I've also got to grips with parentpay to sort DD school trip, and filled in the permission slip and 2 page health and safety declaration

I need to put my grocery delivery away and organise the fridge, then I will stick a wash on and empty the DW.

I have cleaned the downstairs loo so ill do upstairs too before lunch. I may visit a flooring place this aft to see about a stair carpet, and I'm thinking of new laminate in the hall while I'm at it... Yikes I'll have to stop spending soon. This redundancy money ain't gonna last another 2 years if I carry on like this lol.

Right, I can switch my laptop off now hurrah, and off I go!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

• Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 13th Jun 17, 11:48 AM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 38,875 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Flung a load in the WM and that's all the flying I've done as been working right through to now. Think I've caught up now though. Stinking headache; going to have another glass of water and will do lunch fairly soon then off to Mr L for some food shopping but will take Whiz with me and give him a run on the common first. Then back for flying.

Bossy well done you on getting all up together! It is amazing though how quickly money goes when you have stuff you want to get done with the house.

ATB sorry you're still feeling out of sorts, hope it goes soon.

YL well done for stepping outside your comfort zone and going to that new group - very impressive!

Spiky Hedgehog hi and welcome!!

Dizzy oh I hear you with showers etc being mucked up by other members of the family - maddening isn't it! At least it was nice for a while.

Lynne hate to say it but it's nice here - move to Bristol!!

Valli well done on weight loss - feels good doesn't it!! The owner of Huck (my loan horse) has lost over 6 stone since joining SW and I've managed to go from 12 stone 4 to 11 stone 6 in 7 weeks purely from exercise and am slowly rediscovering my waist!!

Iona again, you wear me out!

Pigpen hope you're OK

• Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 13th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 245 Posts
    • 2,885 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Morning... Just!
    Well done Bossy! And I'm in awe of you YL. Well done for having the push to get out there. I haven't, so I think you're great!

Note to self....when a "surprise" day off comes along, don't make plans! I had even kept the day off a secret to avoid getting anyone else's to do list....but this morning DD still had such a headache that she is off school sick. Still I have pretty much got the living room together, apart from the vacuum cleaning which I will do now that she has got up. I also drove across the small town to go to Mr T's. Mainly to get a few more bedding plants (for my new improved MAD front garden), but when he also sent me a money off shop voucher last night, it seemed rude not to use it on the grocery shop as well . So groceries bought with money off, but the bedding plants were dire. Just from want of a little tlc. On the way there and back I avoided a mad driver who thought he could see round corners, but didn't avoid a stupid pigeon. Luckily it did no damage, as the car is finally being traded in at the end of the month!

Right, on with vacuum cleaning the LR, then I might take a sneaky peak out in the back garden. Obviously now that DD is in the shower, I can't possibly clean the bathroom .
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 13th Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 2,287 Posts
    • 13,890 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Slept for three hours after school run, then drank two cans of coke which I normally hate, but they made me feel a million times better

Took the dog to the vets for a check up, then bathed her. Also put fuel in and did a very small (5 items!) top up shop. DD has her first school trip tomorrow so I wanted to make sure she has her favourite bits in

Washed the dogs stinky bedding and posted on my MFW diary. Will do kiddies tea shortly then think about ours. Phew!
    MFW
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 13th Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 6,729 Posts
    • 85,962 Thanks
    bossymoo
    My feet ache! Haven't done half of what I planned to, either. Ah well.

Kiddies are fed, showered and in bed, kitchen is clean (maybe not the floor) and everything is ready for morning.

Neighbour just returned my key, they are probably moving next week hope the new ones are nice.

Think I'll do some reading. Feels a bit odd, not having work to do!

Night all xx
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

• Duckydo
    • By Duckydo 13th Jun 17, 8:25 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 1,071 Thanks
    Duckydo
    Glad to hear you're enjoying placements Iona, while I'm loving being a stay at home mum, I sometimes do miss the classroom.
    Perhaps the craving foods and feeling better after a caffeine boost is a sign to slow down atb, or is it something else

I've done it again! I've stuck to the list and have a clean living room now. Feeling like I'm winning, just need to keep it up all week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,174Posts Today

8,595Users online

Martin's Twitter