Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cbweaver
    • By cbweaver 11th Jun 17, 6:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cbweaver
    Incorrectly accused of illegal parking with hire car
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:35 PM
    Incorrectly accused of illegal parking with hire car 11th Jun 17 at 6:35 PM
    About a month after returning from a holiday in New Zealand I received a parking infringement notice from the Queensland local authority. The timing of infringement was about two hours after I returned the hire car. After a number of emails with the hire car company and the local authority it has been accepted that I was not in possession of the vehicle at the time and the infringement notice has been withdrawn. However, the hire car company had incorrectly identified me as being in possession of the car and provided the authority with my personal details. At best this is an administrative error and at worse somebody, no doubt a member of the hire car co staff, trying to dodge the blame. Should I expect some form of explanation from the hire car company and also either compensation / goodwill gesture? How much can I push for this and who could I go to if they refuse?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 6:51 PM
    • 49,037 Posts
    • 62,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:51 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:51 PM
    The timing of infringement was about two hours after I returned the hire car. After a number of emails with the hire car company and the local authority it has been accepted that I was not in possession of the vehicle at the time and the infringement notice has been withdrawn.
    IMHO, you would have to look up/Google the NZ equivalent of the information Commissioner, about data protection (misuse of data) and compensation.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jun 17, 7:17 PM
    • 14,073 Posts
    • 22,097 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:17 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:17 PM
    If I were you ........... build a bridge ..........!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,899Posts Today

9,460Users online

Martin's Twitter