Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissBessie
    • By MissBessie 11th Jun 17, 6:27 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 23Thanks
    MissBessie
    Husband has had an emotional affair
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:27 PM
    Husband has had an emotional affair 11th Jun 17 at 6:27 PM
    I have recently discovered that my husband has been texting a woman - 10 years younger than him - for 6 months. She works beside him and he says they are "just friends". A secret " friend" that he's been texting up to 50 times a day. He claims he's never seen her outside work and there was never any sex.
    We have been married for 33 years, have 3 grown up children and 2 grandchildren. To say I'm devastated is an understatement. I have went between crying to anger to disbelieve and back again. I can't eat, can't sleep..........can't believe it.
    He says we haven't been getting on (true), weren't talking most of the time (true) and that he just started to talk to her one day that they were on the same shift. This to me is no excuse - I didn't go and seek out a man to talk my probls over with. He says he loves me, wants to try again but I don't know if I could ever trust him. Our kids are also devastated and don't want anything more to do with him. People are totally shocked as he is one of the last people you would think would do this. Sorry this is so long
Page 4
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 15th Jun 17, 1:20 PM
    • 2,415 Posts
    • 5,925 Thanks
    ska lover
    If it were a male friend and he texted 'wish you were home', yes, I'd be concerned at just what their relationship was like.
    Originally posted by Mojisola

What would you be concerned about?
    Blah blah blah.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 15th Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    • 27,982 Posts
    • 71,137 Thanks
    Mojisola
    What would you be concerned about?
    Originally posted by ska lover
    That the relationship went further than best mates.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 15th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 14,926 Posts
    • 60,377 Thanks
    Judi
    No room for male best mates in my life.... my best mate is the man i'm in love with.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,787Posts Today

6,683Users online

Martin's Twitter