Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trossachs
    • By Trossachs 11th Jun 17, 6:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Trossachs
    Ukpc parking chathe - scotland
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:26 PM
    Ukpc parking chathe - scotland 11th Jun 17 at 6:26 PM
    Hi all,

Looking to find the most up to date advice on parking charges in Scotland.

Just been to a private retail car park in Scotland, was away from the car for an hour only to return and find a Parking charge ticket from "UK parking control". Didn't realise you needed to put a free ticket on display as the first 2 hours are free. To be fair the signs do state you need to show a ticket so my mistake.

However allot of info online about not paying in Scotland and not answering any correspondence.

Anyone had any experience recently with this and did it just go away. Looking for some assurance that I shouldn't pay.

Thanks everyone.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    • 15,488 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    all explained in the newbies sticky thread and all the dozens of other Scotland threads

IGNORE
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Jun 17, 7:25 PM
    • 2,011 Posts
    • 2,429 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:25 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:25 PM
    If you want absolute peace of mind then get the landowner to cancel the ticket. Sometimes one of the shops can do it if you were a genuine customer.

Under no circumstances say who was driving though.
    This space for hire.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,497 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    As above, the Sticky thread for NEWBIES stuck to the top of the forum gives you the most up to date information about this scam and what to do if you are in Scotland or NI.

Aa for your comment, "to be fair ..." UKPC were caught doctoring time stamps on their photo' "evidence" which got them banned from obtaining keeper data from the DVLA for a while. They have also recently been in trouble with HMRC.
    Don't believe for one minute that you are dealing with a decent company. They are scammers and know that the keeper cannot be held liable in Scotland, yet still send out parking charges in the hope people won't know this and then erroneously pay up.

Your options are, ignore or complain to the landowner. If you do the latter, make sure you tell them about the dodgy tactics of the parking scammers they have employed. Don't tell the landowner who was driving though.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 12-06-2017 at 8:30 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,274Posts Today

8,661Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin