Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 11th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 9Thanks
    kryptonite786
    Civil Enforcement Limited Court Claim
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    Civil Enforcement Limited Court Claim 11th Jun 17 at 5:43 PM
    Hi all

I would appreciate your help if possible please. I have just received a small claims court letter in regards to a parking 'invoice' for CEL, after wrongly ignoring all of the letters.

I have just been going through the Newbies sticky, I am currently in the process of entering all the details into the AOS. I have noticed they have somehow spelt my name incorrectly in all the correspondence I have received, does that make a difference to anything?
Page 3
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Aug 17, 4:49 PM
    • 51,652 Posts
    • 65,310 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Rewritten without naming you...if you were the driver.

It should just be confirming that 'a member of the xxxxxxx family who was driving the vehcice VRN xxxx xxxx was a genuine patron...blah blah...'
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 28th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kryptonite786
    Hi coupon mad, I have spoken to the landowner to rewrite without names but to mention the vehicle in question with the registration. Do I need to mention 'a member of the xxx family'? Or is that not necessary?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Aug 17, 5:21 PM
    • 51,652 Posts
    • 65,310 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not necessary.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 3rd Oct 17, 1:30 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kryptonite786
    Hi All

Have just received a notice of allocation to small claims track (hearing), I have been going through the newbies thread and other posts. I understand I now have to write a witness statement and gather evidence i.e. photos, excerpts etc. However, I am a little confused about the witness statement and what should be written in it.

I also have not received any of CEL's documents such as defence statement and DQ.

Finally, the court letter states CEL have until a certain date to pay the hearing fee, if not the case will be struck out, however even if I wait till they pay or not I still have about 2 weeks to file my documents as this will still be before 14 days before the hearing date according to the letter. Does that mean I should wait till they pay the fee and then file my documents or do this before the date?

Can someone please help me with my points above.

Many Thanks
    • kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 3rd Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kryptonite786
    N279 Notice of Discontinuance
    Hi All

I have just received a N279 Notice of Discontinuance form from CEL today. I would just like to thank everyone on the forum for there help and expertise.

Do I now wait for the court to confirm this from there end?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Oct 17, 11:51 AM
    • 4,724 Posts
    • 3,053 Thanks
    KeithP
    Be proactive. Check with the court yourself.
    • kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 3rd Oct 17, 11:58 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kryptonite786
    N279 Notice of Discontinuance
    Just called the court, all is well and they have also received the N279 form.

I have learnt a lot from this whole process and I hope to help others on this forum too.

• Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 3rd Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Just called the court, all is well and they have also received the N279 form.

I have learnt a lot from this whole process and I hope to help others on this forum too.

Originally posted by kryptonite786
    That's good to know. Well done.

CEL, predictable as ever. Another case that hasn't made it to court. How many is that now? How long before the courts look at the list and say "you know what, CEL aren't pursuing genuine claims they're just trying to scare people into paying.... and when that doesn't work they drop the case because they know they won't win."

OP - would you consider writing to your MP about this?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 6,449 Posts
    • 8,250 Thanks
    beamerguy
    That's good to know. Well done.

CEL, predictable as ever. Another case that hasn't made it to court. How many is that now? How long before the courts look at the list and say "you know what, CEL aren't pursuing genuine claims they're just trying to scare people into paying.... and when that doesn't work they drop the case because they know they won't win."

OP - would you consider writing to your MP about this?
    Originally posted by Lamilad
    Because CEL claims are in general a lot of rubbish, it's going
    to be fun watching them handle the new claims procedures.
    Highly possible we will never see them in court again
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 3rd Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kryptonite786
    Yes I would write to my MP, highlighting CEL's scam tactics?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 51,652 Posts
    • 65,310 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done to you for acting proactively, fighting back and beating this scam!!

One more thing if you haven't already - read this copy of a post by Bargepole and please write out what happened to you, and how it made you feel, in a letter to your MP:

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

• kryptonite786
    • By kryptonite786 3rd Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kryptonite786
    Hi Coupon-mad

Can you paste the link of bargepoles post
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 1:16 PM
    • 51,652 Posts
    • 65,310 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Or, you can practise searching the forum - which is all I would do to find it myself - maybe choose keywords:

Some action at last

and choose/change the default search to 'show posts' and look for a post by bargepole a couple of months back.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,095Posts Today

9,462Users online

Martin's Twitter