Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • poro
    • By poro 11th Jun 17, 5:19 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 389Thanks
    poro
    Twitter comp - do you think commenting increases chances?
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:19 PM
    Twitter comp - do you think commenting increases chances? 11th Jun 17 at 5:19 PM
    I was wondering if people thought that commenting on Twitter comps that only specify RT&F increases your chances of winning or not?
    Same with fb comps that only ask to Like and Share?
    I hope you have a happy day full of kindness
Page 1
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 11th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    • 2,083 Posts
    • 87,727 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    Commenting on Twitter would definitely help provide information that you are not a bot or automated account, if your account is full of competitions, but other than that it shouldn't effect your chances of winning.

If you are asked to Follow and Retweet that should be enough.
    The same with Facebook, if you are asked to share (which is against Facebook terms and conditions anyway) then all you should need to do is share.

So yes it may give you more of a chance in the fact that it proves that you are real, but no it shouldn't give you more of a chance of winning.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 39/50
    • jamielmdjs
    • By jamielmdjs 13th Jun 17, 2:37 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    jamielmdjs
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:37 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:37 AM
    In theory, it shouldn't. However - i have won twitter comps where they replied to my comment to say i had won (therefore must have selected a winner from comments rather than pressing RT).

A lot of companies don't understand what RT means, they think it means reply ( you often see the phrase 'RT with the hashtag' - that doesn't even make sense unless they are confusing RT with reply. Therefore just hitting the RT button wouldn't be enough for the comps that make this mistake.
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 13th Jun 17, 7:37 AM
    • 657 Posts
    • 2,018 Thanks
    I Love comps
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:37 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:37 AM
    I sometimes comment on twitter and other times just retweet.
    I have not won on twitter for over two years now..
    Same as FB not had a win on there for ages.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,942Posts Today

8,938Users online

Martin's Twitter