Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Roo2000
    • By Roo2000 11th Jun 17, 4:19 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Roo2000
    Who do I claim from?
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:19 PM
    Who do I claim from? 11th Jun 17 at 4:19 PM
    I bought a new motorbike in 2003.
    I was sold a loan to cover the cost of the bike, leathers helmet etc and my lessons to gain my full bike licence.

I paid the loan off on time with no defaults etc and all was well.

After reading various forums regarding PPI on car finance I started wondering if PPI had been added to my bike loan?
    If it had, it wasn't needed as I had other means to pay if things had of gone wrong with my income.

I have written to the Loan company (The Funding Corporation) and have received a letter back from them stating that as the loan was sold to me in Store, it was the Store I needed to raise the complaint with and not them.

So I emailed the Store including the original email I sent to the Loan company and their reply.

I received the usual "Thank you for contacting us, we will be in touch shortly" auto email reply, but have heard nothing from them.

So I'm unsure now as to what my next step is.

Do I write to the Ombudsman (it has now been over eight weeks) and if so which company do I complain to the Ombudsman about?

Roo
    Last edited by Roo2000; 11-06-2017 at 4:22 PM.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jun 17, 5:02 PM
    • 14,042 Posts
    • 14,728 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:02 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:02 PM
    You don't claim from anyone. You make a complaint to whoever sold you the PPI.

If they haven't replied, chase them up
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 18,708 Posts
    • 9,963 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    I
    So I emailed the Store including the original email I sent to the Loan company and their reply.

I received the usual "Thank you for contacting us, we will be in touch shortly" auto email reply, but have heard nothing from them.
    Originally posted by Roo2000
    Has it been eight weeks since you forwarded your complaint to "The Store"? If not, you are too early to refer anything to the Ombudsman.

I find it odd that you are still confused about which institution you are complaining to. You've already been told that your initial complaint went to the wrong address.
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 11th Jun 17, 6:18 PM
    • 972 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:18 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:18 PM
    You also need to bear in mind that the PPI sale (if there was one as you don't even know if you had PPI) was 2 years prior to regulation so the dealer was more than likely not regulated at the time so doesn't even have to consider your complaint. Was this a large dealer ie part of a group or just a small local place.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 89,513 Posts
    • 55,946 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    Do I write to the Ombudsman (it has now been over eight weeks) and if so which company do I complain to the Ombudsman about?
    You dont have access to the ombudsman if the sale was made prior to Jan 2005 and the firm was not regulated at the time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin