Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thecorbetts
    • By thecorbetts 11th Jun 17, 3:29 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    thecorbetts
    0 WOW
    Problems with HolidayCars.com
    • 11th Jun 17, 3:29 PM
    0 WOW
    Problems with HolidayCars.com 11th Jun 17 at 3:29 PM
    We booked a hire car from HolidayCars.com in November to be picked up at Pisa airport in April this year. When booking I clearly stated my age as being 76 so I would assume that the hire company they suggested (Locauto) accepted my age. However when we arrived to pick up the car I was told that the maximum age allowed by them was 73 so I had to go to another hire company in the airport and pay a much higher price for a casual booking. On arriving home, I emailed HolidayCars and they said that they would contact the hire company to try to get a refund which failed. My argument is that they were acting as my agents and it was to them that i had paid the hire charge so it is their responsibility to ensure that the conditions of the hire were suitable for me. I would welcome any advice as to my rights in this matter. Thanks for reading.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,784Posts Today

8,593Users online

Martin's Twitter