Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yvonne13
    • By yvonne13 11th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 1,733Posts
    • 2,608Thanks
    yvonne13
    Loverboy proposed to me last night
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    Loverboy proposed to me last night 11th Jun 17 at 2:48 PM
    Basically loverboy proposed to me via text message and I only saw it this morning.
    I don't know how to feel as I thought doing it the traditional way (face to face, eyes to eyes, breath to breath)was the only way for it to be done.
    Is proposal via text the new thing now?
    How was yours done?
    It's better to regret something I did do than to regret something that I didn’t.
Page 2
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 13th Jun 17, 9:47 AM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 3,383 Thanks
    Malthusian
    The really important question is - has he asked your father's permission via text message?
    • EconomicsGirl
    • By EconomicsGirl 13th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    EconomicsGirl
    I would ask him about it. Might be real, might have been drunk, might have been a friend playing a joke but he may assume by not answering you don't want marriage. You may be able to get him to do a proper proposal later. Not heard of proposals by text.
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 13th Jun 17, 2:18 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 5,915 Thanks
    ska lover
    Oh god Yvonne, I hate to say this has got disaster written all over it. it sounds like one of his mates has had a joke or something?

no one proposes via text
    Blah blah blah.
    • honeypop
    • By honeypop 13th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    honeypop
    So this is the guy who you are considering making a huge commitment to and getting married yet you can't even ask him about a text he sent you?

This is clearly bothering you and if you can't even talk to him about it then marriage is definetly not a good idea!.
    Originally posted by takman
    I agree with this, if you can't ask him about it, then there's already poor communication between you, doesn't look good.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 Feb 2011
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 13th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 5,926 Posts
    • 5,124 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

text him some night after a day out, , tell him you are pregnant

see how he reacts, will he propose then?
    Y'all take care now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

1,255Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin