• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,

maybe the message wasn't meant for you.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I got mine in a bottle washed up on a beach.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sicard wrote: »
    I got mine in a bottle washed up on a beach.
    Lucky you.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well if your not happy with the way he proposed then tell him that!. If you feel you can't be honest with him and say how you feel then your relationship isn't at a stage where you are ready for marriage!.

But you must know whether you want to get married or not . if you only want to get married if you are asked in person then you can't be that committed to the idea and shouldn't do it.
  • Where was he and what was he supposed to be doing when he sent the text? Could've been at the pub, moaning about you. Left the phone on the table when he popped to the gents and one of his mates decided to play a prank.

Explains why I've been engaged 6 times...
    Come on sucker lick my battery
  • yvonne13_2
    yvonne13_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Where was he and what was he supposed to be doing when he sent the text? Could've been at the pub, moaning about you. Left the phone on the table when he popped to the gents and one of his mates decided to play a prank.

Explains why I've been engaged 6 times...

We spend the day together and when he left he said he was going home. He called me on my lunch break today and he never brought it up :( so I just kept quiet. I'll wait until Friday and see if he says anything.
    It's better to regret something I did do than to regret something that I didn’t. :EasterBun
  • lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    yvonne13 wrote: »
    We spend the day together and when he left he said he was going home. He called me on my lunch break today and he never brought it up :( so I just kept quiet. I'll wait until Friday and see if he says anything.

Has he text you yet? It should still there for him to see when he texts you, then he has to address it.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    yvonne13 wrote: »

So this is the guy who you are considering making a huge commitment to and getting married yet you can't even ask him about a text he sent you?

This is clearly bothering you and if you can't even talk to him about it then marriage is definetly not a good idea!.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The really important question is - has he asked your father's permission via text message?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure