Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Storm in a D Cup
    • By Storm in a D Cup 11th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Storm in a D Cup
    Access to back issues of digital magazine subsciptions
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    Access to back issues of digital magazine subsciptions 11th Jun 17 at 2:08 PM
    I have been subscribing to 3 French magazines for years but if I don't renew, I apparently lose all the back issues I have paid for! I am not renewing because I am moving to France! Surely if I have paid for the digital editions, it should be mine forever?? If it was the print version, would they demand them back when I didn't renew!! Does anyone know the law on this please?

Does anyone know of a separate app compatible with Kindle that would allow me to save them all so I can always see them?

Still in discussions with the magazine subscriber so I will keep you posted. Thank you. x
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 2,468 Posts
    • 18,244 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    Do they not offer the option to download them to your device before your subscription ends? If so, they normally have instructions on how to do that on their website. Who is the publisher?

• wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    • 18,366 Posts
    • 15,244 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    I have been subscribing to 3 French magazines for years but if I don't renew, I apparently lose all the back issues I have paid for! I am not renewing because I am moving to France! Surely if I have paid for the digital editions, it should be mine forever?? If it was the print version, would they demand them back when I didn't renew!! Does anyone know the law on this please?

Does anyone know of a separate app compatible with Kindle that would allow me to save them all so I can always see them?

Still in discussions with the magazine subscriber so I will keep you posted. Thank you. x
    Originally posted by Storm in a D Cup
    Is your subscription with a UK based company or a France based company?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    • 18,744 Posts
    • 8,916 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Surely if I have paid for the digital editions, it should be mine forever?
    I think you'll find you've simply paid for access to back issues of digital editions only while you remain a subscriber.

If they are so important to you, why don't you download or print them?

I am not renewing because I am moving to France!
    Why would this stop you subscribing?
    • Storm in a D Cup
    • By Storm in a D Cup 11th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Storm in a D Cup
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    Is your subscription with a UK based company or a France based company?
    Originally posted by wealdroam
    UK based I believe. They are called Archant.
    • Storm in a D Cup
    • By Storm in a D Cup 11th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Storm in a D Cup
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    I think you'll find you've simply paid for access to back issues of digital editions only while you remain a subscriber.

Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Because I no longer need to learn about the French property market and how to open an account etc when I have already done it. There are copies I wish to save though for future reference. I will be living the dream, I don't need to read about it anymore! ;-) There is no way to download them from the app and if I had wanted reams of printed paper I would have bought the magazine not the online version. ;-/
    Last edited by Storm in a D Cup; 11-06-2017 at 4:35 PM.
    • Storm in a D Cup
    • By Storm in a D Cup 11th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Storm in a D Cup
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    Do they not offer the option to download them to your device before your subscription ends? If so, they normally have instructions on how to do that on their website. Who is the publisher?
    Originally posted by mije1983
    Nope, publisher is Archant and this was their reply.

"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately you only get access to view editions online during the active subscription period. If you account has expired, the access stops and won’t start again until you re-subscribe."
    • Storm in a D Cup
    • By Storm in a D Cup 11th Jun 17, 4:33 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Storm in a D Cup
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:33 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:33 PM

I have only been ever to access the ones from when my subscription started not before, so I should be able to continue to see them if I no longer subscribe surely??
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 2,468 Posts
    • 18,244 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    Going to Archant's website, then clicking on a random magazine takes you to subscriptionsave.co.uk which seems to be part of Archant.

In their FAQs it talks about downloading magazines to your computer or mobile device so you can access them when you are not online. If you can actually download them this way, despite what their CS may say, that could be your answer.

Apologies if you have already tried this.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Jun 17, 8:43 PM
    • 18,744 Posts
    • 8,916 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    "Unfortunately you only get access to view editions online during the active subscription period. If you account has expired, the access stops and won’t start again until you re-subscribe."
    So there you have your answer already.

Unless you want to print copies or somehow download prior to your subscription ending, you will lose access to the back issues as this is part of your subscription.
    Surely if I have paid for the digital editions, it should be mine forever?
    Obviously not "yours forever" at all.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 11-06-2017 at 8:47 PM.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 12th Jun 17, 10:10 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    The-Truth
    So there you have your answer already.

Unless you want to print copies or somehow download prior to your subscription ending, you will lose access to the back issues as this is part of your subscription.

Obviously not "yours forever" at all.
    Another consumer being wrong in the consumer rights part of the forum!
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 12th Jun 17, 7:14 PM
    • 3,766 Posts
    • 4,787 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    Another consumer being wrong in the consumer rights part of the forum!
    Originally posted by The-Truth
    *paragraph removed by Forum Team*

The whole point of this forum is so people can ask questions regarding their consumer rights. If they already knew the right answer, they wouldn't need to post would they?
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam1; 13-06-2017 at 6:52 PM.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 14th Jun 17, 9:00 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 478 Thanks
    The-Truth
    The whole point of this forum.....

*paragraph removed by Forum Team*
    Originally posted by ThumbRemote
    Although the forum team don't agree with you, which is why you had an entire paragraph of your post removed!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,824Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin