Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harbie
    • By harbie 11th Jun 17, 1:36 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    harbie
    Am I likely to be accepted for two different type credit cards from one lender?
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:36 PM
    Am I likely to be accepted for two different type credit cards from one lender? 11th Jun 17 at 1:36 PM
    Hi,

I need to apply for both a low % spending credit card and a % balance credit card. Using the MSE soft search my chances of being accepted both lie with the same lender, tesco. I have just applied for the low % spending CC & am awaiting their response (5 working days).

The soft search for the % balance transfer card gives me a 90% success rate with tesco and a 70% success rate with TSB. Do lender's typically lend two different types of cards out to one person? If so am I best waiting the 5 days till I receive my final decision from my previous application (as stated above) before attempting to make a second through tesco for another type of card?
    Or is it better waiting another month completely before doing another credit check?Or going with another lender entirely even though my chances are slightly less?

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 11th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    • 29,527 Posts
    • 17,326 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:29 PM
    You probably forgot that when you hit 'apply' at Tesco you're asked to confirm the following...
    Make sure you are eligible

Please check that these statements apply to you

You have an annual income of at least £5,000
    You are at least 18 years of age
    You have a good credit history
    You live in the UK, or have a British Forces Post Office address
    You don’t currently hold more than 1 Tesco Bank Credit Card
    You have not applied for a Tesco Bank Credit Card in the last month
    You would appear to be ineligible (at the moment).
    • harbie
    • By harbie 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harbie
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    Ahh I totally have!! A bit of information overload on my part!
    Thanks so much for pointing that out for me!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

2,076Users online

Martin's Twitter