Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • strothel
    • By strothel 11th Jun 17, 1:35 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    strothel
    Private parking ticket when my permit fell off - advice please!
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:35 PM
    Private parking ticket when my permit fell off - advice please! 11th Jun 17 at 1:35 PM
    Hello!

I have read the guides and advice on here but would also like to know if that would apply to my situation.

I live in a block of flats where we have all been given visitor parking permits. We are not supposed to but most residents use these for their own car as the garages are so small our cars dont fit in. My parking permit fell onto the passenger seat while driving and hence I was issued a ticket.

This is the second time it has happened (I know I should have stuck it on the windscreen after the first time :-P). Last time I appealed with the company (a BPA member) by sending them a photo of my parking permit. They declined the appeal by saying the rules state my permit needed to be clearly displayed at the time and said I would not be able to appeal it further.

I have looked at the template for appealing BPA member fines which includes something about signing being unclear. The signage in our building is quite clear - should I still include that paragraph? And should I include a paragraph about being entitled to park there as I had a visitor permit and attach a photo? (I don't think they know that I'm a resident and not an actual visitor- but if it were to go to court, there would be documents stating that the permits are for visitors not residents so I probably would lose).

Thanks in advance for your help!
Page 2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 16,068 Posts
    • 20,103 Thanks
    Redx
    if the popla code has expired you cannot use POPLA

if it is still valid , YES use popla

I would say it "timed out" months ago, when coupon-mad said check the response for the code (which is likely to have been in any attachment as they have pointed out)

so the fact that you missed it means its too late for a popla appeal , so no easy solution

this may well end up in court , they have 6 years to try an MCOL
    Last edited by Redx; 12-10-2017 at 8:43 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • strothel
    • By strothel 13th Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    strothel
    What?? That is so unfair! They clearly tried to hide that code from me and didn't reply when I requested it 3 times. The attachments looked to all be photos of my car so I didn't open them.

How long does the court process take? I'm leaving the country for good in March so maybe I'll just take the hit of the CCJ.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,664Posts Today

7,291Users online

Martin's Twitter