Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mogwai
    • By mogwai 11th Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    • 1,235Posts
    • 2,870Thanks
    mogwai
    Childcare voucher scheme advice
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    Childcare voucher scheme advice 11th Jun 17 at 1:00 PM
    Hi all. Hope this is in the right place!

We are on the childcare voucher scheme for ds1 - he is starting school in September this year so we won't need to use the scheme for him anymore however his little brother will be starting at the day nursery in the next year or so.

My question is can we stay on the scheme and restart the vouchers in a years time or does it need to be ongoing to be able to stay on the scheme? Is it worth staying on or should we just join whatever is around in a years time?

I seem to remember reading that it was worth staying on as it was better than the current childcare voucher scheme.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit vague I'm a bit clueless about this!
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: £680 £480 £560 £13 £0 overdraft
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 2nd £1053.38/£1000 3rd £863.59/£1000
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 11th Jun 17, 6:30 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 2,992 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:30 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:30 PM
    Some people are better of with childcare vouchers and others with the new tax free childcare. Depends on your circumstances. I used a calculator on the gov site previously that told you which was best.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,308Posts Today

8,275Users online

Martin's Twitter