Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mac.d
    • By mac.d 11th Jun 17, 11:32 AM
    • 493Posts
    • 387Thanks
    mac.d
    Wages overpayment
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:32 AM
    Wages overpayment 11th Jun 17 at 11:32 AM
    If I have contacted my manager and payroll to notify them of an overpayment in my wages, and they've not deducted it within the next two months despite them saying it would be deducted off my next wage, should there be any onus on me to contact them again? I feel bad about having been paid this money I'm not due, but I've already made 3 or 4 calls to try and sort it initially, so don't think I should be chasing them up?
    Last edited by mac.d; 11-06-2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: more detail
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 11th Jun 17, 11:48 AM
    • 4,777 Posts
    • 9,624 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:48 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:48 AM
    If I have contacted my manager and payroll to notify them of an overpayment in my wages, and they've not deducted it within the next two months despite them saying it would be deducted off my next wage, should there be any onus on me to contact them again? I feel bad about having been paid this money I'm not due, but I've already made 3 or 4 calls to try and sort it initially, so don't think I should be chasing them up?
    Originally posted by mac.d
    Regardless of whether you chase them up, they have 6 years where they can take it back. It'll never 'become yours' because you rang a few times.

Just keep it aside, and yeah, probably call them again. It takes two seconds. Don't act like it's the most arduous thing you've ever done in your life.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 11th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    • 3,996 Posts
    • 3,452 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    There seems a lot of similar over-payments being reported on MSE over the past couple of months.

Do not rely on phone calls.

Put it in writing and obviously keep a copy.

If by email, seek a delivery and read receipt (though they aren't guaranteed to be actioned) and if by RM you could get a certificate of posting from the PO counter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

3,070Users online

Martin's Twitter