Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 10:54 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 19Thanks
    football123
    Voluntary Opportunity
    • 11th Jun 17, 10:54 AM
    Voluntary Opportunity 11th Jun 17 at 10:54 AM
    Hi everyone, I was going to post this in the old thread but it was closed but I have just had a email from my tutor saying my local town is holding a half marathon and they need volunteers to help give water to the runners and help clear the road after the half marathon has finished.

Do you think I should say yes to this and would it look good on my CV. The email also says I will get a volunteers medal for helping out at this event
Page 1
    • nicechap
    • By nicechap 11th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 708 Posts
    • 1,771 Thanks
    nicechap
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    For any new readers, before you get sucked into responding.

The OP is is an AE as they are currently banned under their other ID here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5632360

And yesterday's thread is also locked.
    Last edited by nicechap; 11-06-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote was right and saw into the future.
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    What is an AE. I am asking for advice if I should take this opportunity as it might help my CV. I didn't think I would get anything like this come up so i'm quite excited about it and its come out of the blue.
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    Ok, well after a lot of thought i have emailed my tutor and said I'm going to be ok for helping out at this event. I don't know how it will look on my CV but I suppose giving up a Sunday will look really good and I may meet new people which is aways a bonus. My tutor also said in the email that there may be people there that could give me possible employment in the future so told me not to keep quite like I normally to and get chatting and put myself in a positive light

And also after the advice of some people on here I have decided I am not getting the tattoo as it would be a waste of money
    Last edited by football123; 11-06-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 11th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1,115 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    Good job, two positive steps and you figured it out yourself meaning you didnt really need to start a thread again. let this thread go, you now know what you are doing.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    • 18,591 Posts
    • 18,845 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    AE = alter ego. Posting under a new name. People normally do that when they are not supposed to be posting on the board. Which is why people are being discouraged from responding to you (even though we may be pleased that new avenues are opening up to you.)

I have been away this weekend, so have only just seen this thread (and haven't read the other one yet.) I'm not going to lock it but I am going to report it - and in fact I know it has already been reported by another board guide. Good luck with the event, though!
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    When am I actually going to be allowed to have people responding to me then? MSE Andrea did not say anything to me when I was going to be allowed to post back under Sam M. I actually quite like Money Saving Expert so when will people be encouraged to respond to me again
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 11th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    • 1,115 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    i feel that you may have developed an unhealthy attachment to this forum. I think you will have access when they feel its the right time.

Till then, go out and do the positive things you keep saying youll do.
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 9:23 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:23 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:23 PM
    but they said they don't think its in my interests for health and wellbeing to post in this forum, how do they know how my health and wellbeing is. Only I know and I think I am better then I was even last week so things are improving
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 11th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 1,367 Posts
    • 824 Thanks
    Sncjw
    If you want to do it just do it. You don't need to ask us.

Also I bet you posted this on digital spy as well.
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 11th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    • 1,115 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    You could always try making your own forum, then you can do as you please. or use that other forum you are on

Your answer to whether you can post here is answered in your own post. Things are improving, but that doesnt mean you in a place to be posting here just yet.

Thus far far you have come here claiming to be better and willing to do positive things, every post starts with a eureka moment and ends worse than you was before.

For the third time DO THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU SAY YOU GOING TO DO. So far you are just hanging round the forum and breaking the rules. Like i said, you need to break this attachment you have with this forum because it does you no good.

goodnight.
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    If you want to do it just do it. You don't need to ask us.

Also I bet you posted this on digital spy as well.
    Originally posted by Sncjw
    The thing is with me i need advice because I worry that I am going to do the wrong thing a regret it. But know, i didn't post it on DS. I actually posted on DS that i accepted the tutors invitation because i feel now it is the right thing to do.

I'm still not sure how it would look on my CV though when i'm just handing out water to athletes
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    You could always try making your own forum, then you can do as you please. or use that other forum you are on

Your answer to whether you can post here is answered in your own post. Things are improving, but that doesnt mean you in a place to be posting here just yet.

Thus far far you have come here claiming to be better and willing to do positive things, every post starts with a eureka moment and ends worse than you was before.

For the third time DO THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU SAY YOU GOING TO DO. So far you are just hanging round the forum and breaking the rules. Like i said, you need to break this attachment you have with this forum because it does you no good.

goodnight.
    Originally posted by xapprenticex
    But what about saving money part of the forum, that could actually help me out very well. And how do the the people that own the forum know that I can be in a place to post again, they have no idea how my health and wellbeing is.

But maybe I will do what you want, I might take a break on here for a while and come back in the future when people can see how much I've done and how my health & wellbeing is fantastic. So until then, goodbye and thank you for the advice you have given to me in the past
    • Placitasgirl
    • By Placitasgirl 11th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    Placitasgirl
    You absolutely did post it on DS!!! You asked if people thought you should put yourself forward for handing out water.

I agree that your dependency on the forum and the way you react to the opinions of others mean that you should not continue to post here. Your past incarnation was banned and for good reason and I fear your issues and behaviours, anger and fixation with what others have that you don't mean that you need one to one help, and continuing to post here attention seeking will not do that.

Of course you should hand out water at the event. Use it as an opportunity to mix with others, chat to them and enjoy being part of the event team, rather than sitting at a keyboard being angry with the world and everyone in it. Put it on your CV as one of your volunteering posts; and try not to argue or fight with anyone whilst you're there!

You have such a one-dimensional way of looking at your use of the forum. You say that you enjoy MSE but lash out at those who try to help and advise you because they can't make everything right for you. If you are genuine (and there are those of us who question this), stop posting here; get out in the real world, keep up your counselling, get anger management help and see if volunteering can be a step into a new and more positive place in your life.
    • football123
    • By football123 11th Jun 17, 9:48 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    Ok Placitasgirl I will. Like I have said in my past post I am going to take a break from this forum and maybe on DS and come back sometime in the future when I am feeling much better and when I can show people how much of an improvement i have made and show MSE that my health and wellbeing is ok to post on here.

Until then thank you for the advice that has been given and Like I said I hope to come back on here one day in the future when I have made more progress.
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 11th Jun 17, 9:55 PM
    • 1,115 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    xapprenticex
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

1,392Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin