Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philng
    • By philng 11th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    • 521Posts
    • 47Thanks
    philng
    Chief Rent Non Payment
    • 11th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    Chief Rent Non Payment 11th Jun 17 at 10:19 AM
    We bought a property with a £20 yearly chief rent in 1996 and up until 2009 the yearly standing order was paid successfully.
    Since 2010 the standing order has been paid and then on same day recredited to my account but I have received no contact off the chief rent holder for non payment.
    I suspect he may have died and the receiving account closed.
    I am aware that by 2037 all chief rents will be extinguished but have read something somewhere that this can be done earlier 6 or 12 years after non claim of non payment ?
    Can anyone advise?
Page 1
    • andrewjb3
    • By andrewjb3 11th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    andrewjb3
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    Chief rent is technically not due until you've received a demand from the holder. So don't worry about it - just be prepared to have to pay it at some point if requested. [They can only go back 6 years anyway]..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin