Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • janeke
    • By janeke 11th Jun 17, 7:40 AM
    • 76Posts
    • 9Thanks
    janeke
    Negative feedback to buyer?
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:40 AM
    Negative feedback to buyer? 11th Jun 17 at 7:40 AM
    Is it possible to leave negative feedback to a buyer who doesn`t pay?
    It doesn`t seem right that other sellers are not made aware of this behaviour
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 11th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    • 15,091 Posts
    • 20,500 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    Is it possible to leave negative feedback to a buyer who doesn`t pay?
    It doesn`t seem right that other sellers are not made aware of this behaviour
    Originally posted by janeke
    You just open a non paying buyer dispute, and if they still don't pay they get a strike. This will then limit what they can bid on.

A neg on a buyer's profile is not helpful as you woukd constantly have to check the profile of every bidder on every item.

You only know who the winning bidder is AFTER the auction has finished.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • soolin
    • By soolin 11th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    • 58,976 Posts
    • 41,779 Thanks
    soolin
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    ^^^^^ as above.

The non paying strikes are much more useful, I have all my accounts set to prevent anyone with 2 or more strikes in a year to be blocked from bidding. As 99% of my listings are BIN , buyers feedback, even negatives, are of no use to me at all.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 25,435 Posts
    • 10,085 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    Lots do it because sellers do not open non paying bidder disputes, are you going to open one?

If not then that buyer will be free to keep doing it. After a couple on non paying strikes (if you set your buyers prefs properly) wont be able to bid on quite a few auctions.

I think most on here will have buyers with NPB strikes blocked.

I always try to bid in person and with less than a minute to go. So it would be too late for you to check to see if i had negative feedback and then block me.

Dont be tempted to leave the buyer a negative comment under the positive feedback. Your likely to get a slap on the wrist.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • janeke
    • By janeke 11th Jun 17, 9:11 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    janeke
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:11 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 9:11 AM
    Thanks everyone - Ebay has already opened a dispute - due up tomorrow - but I`ve contacted him a couple of times so I don`t think he will pay.
    I will check my preferences to make sure I am blocking non-payers
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 12th Jun 17, 9:43 AM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 626 Thanks
    Stoke
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:43 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:43 AM
    To be honest, I know people say the negative feedback isn't useful, but I've had cases where a non-bid strike isn't useful either. For example, like when the item you're selling is time sensitive, then you have to go through the case and I don't believe you can relist until that case is over?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    • 58,976 Posts
    • 41,779 Thanks
    soolin
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    To be honest, I know people say the negative feedback isn't useful, but I've had cases where a non-bid strike isn't useful either. For example, like when the item you're selling is time sensitive, then you have to go through the case and I don't believe you can relist until that case is over?
    Originally posted by Stoke
    How would being able to leave a neg help in that scenario though?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 12th Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 3,725 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    If everyone reported non paying bidders and had their settings to block those with strikes then it would make life difficult for people who buy and then don't pay or engage in any kind of communication.

I remember the bad old days when sellers could leave negative feedback. It made the whole feedback system void as you couldn't leave a negative for a seller as you were worried they would leave one for you.
    Last edited by mrcol1000; 12-06-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 12th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    • 3,055 Posts
    • 1,781 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    I remember the bad old days when buyers could leave negative feedback.
    lol - I think you mean sellers.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 12th Jun 17, 11:37 AM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 3,725 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    lol - I think you mean sellers.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    Just testing to see if everyone is alert this Monday Morning
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 12th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 626 Thanks
    Stoke
    How would being able to leave a neg help in that scenario though?
    Originally posted by soolin
    Might put someone off allowing them to bid on something time sensitive? Instead, this person effectively got away scot free and I was down about £50. Life I guess, but still not nice.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jun 17, 2:09 PM
    • 58,976 Posts
    • 41,779 Thanks
    soolin
    Might put someone off allowing them to bid on something time sensitive? Instead, this person effectively got away scot free and I was down about £50. Life I guess, but still not nice.
    Originally posted by Stoke
    I really can't see though how a single neg would make any difference, many people use the same account for both buying and selling so a seller with a neg from a scammer would be prevented from buying on the one neg rule. Even if ebay programmed the system to stop users with 2 or more negs from bidding how does that differ from completely preventing buyers with two strikes from bidding?

Just set your seller preferences to exclude bidders with 2 or more strikes in a year from bidding and for time sensitive items use BIN with immediate payment required- that way no time wasters and no waiting for payment.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,103Posts Today

7,074Users online

Martin's Twitter