Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gemmajane
    • By Gemmajane 11th Jun 17, 5:53 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gemmajane
    Sainsbury's CC Does buying Euros count as a general purchase
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:53 AM
    Sainsbury's CC Does buying Euros count as a general purchase 11th Jun 17 at 5:53 AM
    HI I have just received my Sainsbury's CC and I am currently considering purchasing some Euros from Sainsbury's in the hope that I will benefit from the 31 months interest free period I receive on other purchases. I know that some types of credit card usage can interfere with the interest free period so I'm reluctant to make this purchase until I'm certain it's acceptable for me to do so.
    Any ideas? TIA
Page 1
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 11th Jun 17, 6:38 AM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:38 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:38 AM
    I would imagine that this 'purchase' will be considered a cash transaction and will therefore attract the cash interest rate and not be included in the 0% purchase offer.
    • Gemmajane
    • By Gemmajane 11th Jun 17, 6:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gemmajane
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:59 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:59 AM
    Thank you for your swift response
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 11th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    • 23,977 Posts
    • 11,265 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    Nothing stopping you paying by another credit card, pay the cash advance fee then transfer it to the interest free card (another BT fee)?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 11th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    • 4,113 Posts
    • 1,504 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    Its definitly a cash advance fee on this
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,972Posts Today

7,951Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin