Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pravin_2611
    • By Pravin_2611 10th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pravin_2611
    Query on Cancelled flight compensation
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    Query on Cancelled flight compensation 10th Jun 17 at 10:20 PM
    Hi,
    In May 2017 I had booked a travel from New Castle to India through Emirates via Dubai.
    My Flight from New castle to Dubai (dep time 13:45) got cancelled due to some technical reasons.Initially they said it would be delayed, but finally they cancelled.
    Due to this they arranged alternate flight from Manchester at 20:30 and arranged bus service from New Castle to Manchester. Due to this delay, I reached Dubai at 7am Dubai time instead of 23:57 (Previous day). hence I missed my onward Journey to India which was scheduled at 2:00 (Dubai time).

So they gave me booking in some afternoon flight from Dubai to India, which I did not take,as I would have reached late night to India (Kolkata). I had to do Onward Jouney from Kolkata to my hometown, so reaching late night in Kolkata would not have helped as i would not get any transportation.

On my request they then gave me next days 2:00 Am flight which would reach Kolkata in Morning so that i could do my onward journey. They did provide hotel and 1 day Visa in Dubai as I had to stay from 7am to 2:00am next day.

However due to this i reached India 24 hours late and my onward plans in India got disrupted.

In this scenario would we ( Me and my wife, as we traveled together) be eligible for any compensation? Please help.
    Looking for your advise . If yes then how I claim the same and what is the amount I am eligible for?
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 10th Jun 17, 11:11 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:11 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:11 PM
    Hi Pravin_2611,

As the delay took place in the EU you should be able to claim 600 euros each in compensation.

Please download Vaubans guide (google it) and have a good read for loads of helpful information.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

2,314Users online

Martin's Twitter