Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moneygrabber89
    • By Moneygrabber89 10th Jun 17, 10:00 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Moneygrabber89
    Bitcoin
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:00 PM
    Bitcoin 10th Jun 17 at 10:00 PM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert:

Martin's blogged on Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies. You can read it here:

Bitcoin: Four things you need to know

Back to Moneygrabber89's post...

----

Can anybody offer any advice on this in general. Is it worth buying?

A guy from my work has just left as now starting to work with Bitcoin. He is an it technician so he said he can make major money with it.

Basically what im trying to get at is there a way to make big money with these and how
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 01-12-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Page 3
    • CharlieBilly
    • By CharlieBilly 10th Dec 17, 1:00 PM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 1,314 Thanks
    CharlieBilly
    Its getting more like a ponzi scheme all time. Some people are going to seriously get there fingers burnt before long, of course on flip side those that bought early are going to make some serious money if they haven't already done so
    • Silvester89
    • By Silvester89 10th Dec 17, 9:26 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Silvester89
    I personally think it's a bit late in the game for Bitcoin. I know some people have said they think it will keep going.

Personally I'm keeping my eye on Ethereum as an alternative. There's lots of people suggesting this could reach the same value as Bitcoin, but it's currently worth a lot less.
    • musafir05
    • By musafir05 10th Jan 18, 10:57 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    musafir05
    only thing that's on the blockchain are numbers, there is nothing to link or trace this to a person
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    If you use bitcoin, there is a blockchain. And the blockchain is really traceable. In fact, during the trial of Ross Ulbricht, the guy that was accused of running the drug emporium Silk Road, they were able to trace millions of dollars of transactions to the wallet on his computer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

579Posts Today

5,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Always fun to speak to @ChrisEvans on radio - at the speed we both go - we could do an hours's show in 15minutes.

• RT @benpostma: After watching @MartinSLewis I took my faulty trainers back to where I bought them from, with no receipt just a screen shot?

• RT @Louloubell1980: @MartinSLewis My little 3yr old and his Auntie on Christmas Eve....4 days after she donated her Kidney to him x https:/?

• Follow Martin