Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 10th Jun 17, 9:20 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Amboman
    Smart parking Ltd PCN
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:20 PM
    Smart parking Ltd PCN 10th Jun 17 at 9:20 PM
    Hello all,

After a recent holiday I've just had a PCN through the post I feel it's an extortionate amount. And feel someone getting scammed way to much for a genuine mistake. The driver always pays for parking,

Thanks for your advice
    Last edited by Amboman; 10-06-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    • 2,092 Posts
    • 2,498 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    There is a post at the top of this forum that advises Newbies to read it. It's one of the sticky threads. It contains a comprehensive guide to beating these tickets.

You will need to read it several times but it's worth it.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 15,450 Posts
    • 24,156 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    Smart are so easy to beat - provided you get your head around this stuff. We'll help, but you'll need to take the lead in researching what is in front of you.

It's not complicated, but it's not 'painting by numbers' either as one of our esteemed senior members would say.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 10th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    Many thanks for the replys. I'll have a look though the info
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    • 2,092 Posts
    • 2,498 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    Many thanks for the replys. I'll have a look though the info
    Originally posted by Amboman
    If you get stuck don't hesitate to ask. The regulars here are happy to help as long as you're willing to put a bit of effort in.
    This space for hire.
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 10th Jun 17, 10:02 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:02 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:02 PM
    Yes that is totally acceptable, and I would not dream of just sitting back and trying to get everyone to do my work for me which I can imagine people will try and do.

Couple of questions, the driver overstayed as The driver paid for 2 hours and not 3. Do I explain this to them, It was a genuine mistake.I'm guessing they won't listen to this and greed takes over and theyll want the full amount.

Also looking through the info, the company is a BPA member, if I submit the template for BPA it's referring to signage. What if all there signs are within legal limits. Would I be barking up the wrong treee with this template,

Many thanks
    Last edited by Amboman; 10-06-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 15,450 Posts
    • 24,156 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    What if all there signs are within legal limits
    How would you know? Have you pedantically analysed them against BPA requirements?

Remember, it's not for you to prove your 'innocence', it is for them to prove their case. Accept nothing, challenge everything - preferably from a position of knowledge, but challenge it, whatever.

There are far too many 'Me, Myself and I's' in your posts. The driver should only ever be identified by the term 'the driver'. Not 'me', not 'i', not 'my wife/husband', not 'my son/daughter', not 'my aunty/uncle' - not anything other than 'the driver'.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    • 16,489 Posts
    • 20,648 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    that template fits allcomers, just use it as is

no they wont care about any excuses, as far as they are concerned THE DRIVER erred and so should pay a large amount of money, set as £100 maximum by the BPA and £85 was endorsed by the Supreme Court in the Beavis case so no matter what you call it, its not going to wash

you should only use the words THE DRIVER and THE KEEPER on here and never reveal who may have done what, as big brother is watching

so edit your posts above

there is no point even looking to mitigate this , its all or nothing , there is no "offering to pay a portion" or anything else, because as you say greed is profit

also there is no way that you are an expert on signs , you probably dont even know if they meet the BPA CoP (or the rule of law , most dont meet either)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 51,479 Posts
    • 65,073 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    paid for 2 hours and not 3. Do I explain this to them, I still have my ticket for 2 hours. It was a genuine mistake.
    No, just use the template - as the keeper, online appeal (take a screenshot) - and they will crawl back under their stone.

Why would anyone write their own and say who was driving, after reading the NEWBIES thread telling them why not to do that and how to win? Don't reinvent the wheel, this forum's approach works. Smart will cancel.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Amboman
    • By Amboman 10th Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I cannot seem to work out which template to use. They are bpa members looking on Google. Do I just use there online appeal with the template. The IPC template does seem more relevant.

Sorry if I'm not getting this to well, it's been a long week lol

Thanks again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jun 17, 11:03 PM
    • 51,479 Posts
    • 65,073 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The IPC template does seem more relevant
    No, the IPC template is more detailed because the BPA one simply does not need to be. Use the BPA one.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jun 17, 11:54 PM
    • 16,489 Posts
    • 20,648 Thanks
    Redx
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I cannot seem to work out which template to use. They are bpa members looking on Google. Do I just use there online appeal with the template. The IPC template does seem more relevant.

Sorry if I'm not getting this to well, it's been a long week lol

Thanks again
    Originally posted by Amboman

You are overthinking this because you dont understand the topic

you just use the blue text appeal and appeal online , as is like I said earlier, at the moment there is nothing to think about , you just do it

then you can study the reasons why it is done in this manner , and why. rome wasnt built in a day so you can hang around for a few weeks or months or longer and learn the topic like we have done

think of it this way, you are on a bus going downhill with no driver and you dont know what to do , so somebody says push the large pedal on the left (not the small pedal on the right) with your feet where the driver normally sits

you dont need to know why , or how it actually operates the brakes through pistons and hydraulic fluid and brake pads onto brake discs which uses friction to stop the wheels from turning

all you need to know is what to do to stop the bus from crashing, the engineering explanations are best left to qualified mechanics and professors of engineering

if the bus stops, you have achieved the desired effect
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 25th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    Thanks redex 👍

I sent the writing on the appeals section on the website. It's been nearly a month and I've not had any sort of confirmation or reply, any ideas ?

Many thanks
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 25th Jun 17, 10:13 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    Sorry not a month, about 2 weeks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 25th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    • 16,489 Posts
    • 20,648 Thanks
    Redx
    so you have not read the BPA CoP either (what the PPC signed up to)

it states that the PPC has 35 days to respond (although this isnt set in stone and they could take considerably longer, or reply almost straightaway

come back in another month

meanwhile , try going on their website and see if the pcn is still "live", as they may well have cancelled it (but do not actually pay it)

you need to chill out and have some patience with these things

good luck
    Last edited by Redx; 25-06-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Newbies !!
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 25th Jun 17, 12:06 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    Ok thanks for that, much appreciated 👍
    • Amboman
    • By Amboman 14th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amboman
    Parking change notice cancelled today. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated,

Regards

Amboman
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jul 17, 5:26 PM
    • 16,489 Posts
    • 20,648 Thanks
    Redx
    excellent news

so like I said , PATIENCE and persistence and good research wins through
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,783Posts Today

8,106Users online

Martin's Twitter