Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ShimmerG0ld
    • By ShimmerG0ld 10th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 5Thanks
    ShimmerG0ld
    First time buyers - payslip issues!
    • 10th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    First time buyers - payslip issues! 10th Jun 17 at 8:59 PM
    Hi,

Hoping someone can give some advice. Situation - I'm currently in the process of applying for a mortgage with my partner for HSBC. I work for a Childminder and had asked my boss if she would be able to give me 3 months payslips for my application. She said this would be no problem and would get her accountant to do this for when I next come in. Anyway got my payslips in an envelope and my partner looked over at these and checked my statements to ensure everything was fine...that's when he realised they don't match up!! Will this mess the application or is there anyway they would just use his income instead? Already I'm not in the best situation being a part time worker and on a zero hour contract for my 2nd job. Although I will be starting a new job with more hours and leaving these jobs I feel hopless just now and not sure what to do??
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 10th Jun 17, 10:04 PM
    • 55,559 Posts
    • 48,922 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:04 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:04 PM
    Suggest you take the matter up with your employer first. To understand why there's discrepancies. Your employer is obliged to provide you with a payslip on or before payday. If the past 3 are wrong. Then in all likelihood your previous ones are too. Which raises the question have you been paid correctly.
    "Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing." - Warren Buffett
    • ACG
    • By ACG 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 15,525 Posts
    • 7,871 Thanks
    ACG
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    If your partners income alone is enough to support your application then you can declare your income as £0 in order to not need your income underwriting.

If you do need your income, then yes it will be an issue.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • ShimmerG0ld
    • By ShimmerG0ld 11th Jun 17, 11:30 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ShimmerG0ld
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:30 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:30 AM
    I'll take this up with my employer as this could affect our application

We've already submitted the application but if this gets rejected, it's where do we go? Would they consider just his income on this joint application because of this? If this does get rejected where do we go from here? Apply for the mortgage in his name with me contributing to deposit?
    Last edited by ShimmerG0ld; 11-06-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    • Edi81
    • By Edi81 11th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    • 293 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    Edi81
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    HSBC are notoriously picky. Have you gone to then direct? If so, then a broker would be good with your employment status.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,966Posts Today

4,338Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin