Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dannyb81
    • By dannyb81 10th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 7Thanks
    dannyb81
    Cancelling BarclayCard and also lowering limit
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    Cancelling BarclayCard and also lowering limit 10th Jun 17 at 5:27 PM
    Hi,

I have managed to clear both my Barclay cards ( one used to be a egg card ). One has been paid off and the other has been transferred over to my MBNA card. We managed to pay my Wife's card off a few years ago so that's all good.

I do remember when my wife rang to close her account (Barclaycard ) it was a nightmare she was on the phone for ages and them seemed to try and make things as complicated as possible whilst also trying to offer her reasons why she should keep the card. I'm not very good on the phone and I have two accounts to cancel so is there anyway of doing this by e-mail or letter ?

Also I've decided I'm going to keep my MBNA card as it has a low Apr and I've always been impressed with there customer service but I was wondering if you can have your credit limit lowered ? If so does affect what interest rates they offer you?

Thanks

Danny
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 12,014 Posts
    • 12,158 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    I'd keep at least one spare.

Lowering your limit won't impact your rate directly. It may however make you look slightly more high risk to other lenders, especially with a simultaneous account closure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,390Posts Today

8,083Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A year of fighting to break the link between mental illness and money problems... https://t.co/LXgjxdv36O

• Today's twitter poll: Is Conservative pact with DUP necessary for stable govt during the crucial Brexit time, or should it've stayed alone?

• RT @thisismoney: First cash machine was used 50 years ago today: 50 facts you never knew about ATMs https://t.co/nh5kqb5Ml5

• Follow Martin