Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Galon
    • By Galon 10th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Galon
    Excel Parking Fine Query.
    • 10th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    Excel Parking Fine Query. 10th Jun 17 at 4:56 PM
    Hey everyone, I'm completely new and overwhelmed by the amount of info here and am not sure what to do next.
    I've appealed through the ipc using the template in the newbie thread but it was rejected and I am now at the IAS appeal stage (have not yet appealed through the IAS). Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

I got a ticket from Excel parking due to my vehicle being stationary for a few minutes on private land,
    (the area in question is "The Walk Retail Cente" at Ebbw Vale. Vehicle was next to the grey boundary line just off the road that runs around the back of Argos).
    If you look at the area in question you can see my vehicle would have not been causing any kind of obstruction as all loading doors are situated at least 20 to 25 feet away from where my vehicle was stationary.

Am I in the right to try and fight this ticket or should I just pay up? Really confused on what to do next.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out.
    And sorry if I'm being just another repetitive newbie
    Last edited by Galon; 12-06-2017 at 2:05 PM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Jun 17, 5:03 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 22,931 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:03 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:03 PM
    After the (inevitable) rejection of your initial appeal by the PPC, you ignore anything and everything that comes through your letterbox about this parking charge except for a letter headed 'Letter Before Action/Claim/County Court Claim from the PPC or their Solicitors, or real court papers.

You particularly ignore letters from debt collectors like Debt Recovery Plus, Zenith, Parking Collection Services, and the like.

We do not recommend appealing to the IAS, as your appeal is rejected even before you send it, and you don't want the PPC to have that rejection from an 'independent' (yeah, right) assessment process to wave in front of a judge.

Which PPC please? We can then give you some idea as to how litigious (or not) they are.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    Am I in the right to try and 1) fight this ticket or 2) should I just pay up?

Really confused on what to do next.
    Originally posted by Galon
    you forgot OPTION 3)

3) = IGNORE

ie:- IGNORE unless you get court papers in the next 6 years in which case its option 1) (fight)

as mentioned above , name the PPC involved for further help

also complain to the landholder and try for a cancellation based on GRACE PERIODS
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    I've appealed through the ipc using the template in the newbie thread but it was rejected and I am now at the IAS appeal stage (have not yet appealed through the IAS). Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.
    I thought the newbies thread was clear. Where is there any option on this forum telling you to pay?!

Ignore them. Why the exclamation marks? There is no IAS stage. Stop thinking there is always a ''next step'' (I hate that expression, just get so bored by it...why do people always think there is one). Calm down. All IPC cases are the same and this is stated in the NEWBIES thread. The appeal was just to show you haven't ignored it, to look reasonable.

You are at (or will be at) 'ignore the debt collectors' stage as per post #4 of the NEWBIES thread. This is inevitable and the letter chain will be laughable. Anyone who comes to this forum then pays is a mug and would be funding the scammers.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-06-2017 at 5:41 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 10th Jun 17, 5:38 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 5,334 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:38 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:38 PM
    Airport by any chance?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 22,931 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    Airport by any chance?
    Originally posted by Half_way
    Ebbs Vale Airport, with an Argos at the end of the runway?

(the area in question is "The Walk Retail Cente" at Ebbw Vale, I was parked next to the grey boundary line just off the road that runs around the back of Argos).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    • 2,413 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    'I got a ticket due to being stationary for a few minutes on private land, I wasn't parking."

This is a myth, don't even try that excuse, grace periods are more relevant.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Galon
    • By Galon 11th Jun 17, 12:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Galon
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:48 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:48 PM
    The ppc is Excel parking
    • Galon
    • By Galon 11th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Galon
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    The ppc is Excel parking, thank you all for putting my mind at ease and sorry I was over the top with the title, completely panicked when I saw the appeal was denied but realise now I was being over dramatic lol. Thank you
    • Galon
    • By Galon 11th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Galon
    I don't suppose any one would know who the land owner is or how to find their contact info? I've googled search but nothing came up, I know I'm probably looking in the wrong place though
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jun 17, 1:16 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 22,931 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I don't suppose any one would know who the land owner is or how to find their contact info? I've googled search but nothing came up, I know I'm probably looking in the wrong place though
    You're probably best making contact with the managing agent. The following link may be the MA, but if not, a contact with them will help you unearth who they are. It's more likely that a MA would contract with the likes of Excel, rather than the landowner per se, who can often be pension funds rather than a company or individual.

https://completelyretail.co.uk/scheme/The-Walk-Retail-Centre-Ebbw-Vale

• Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jun 17, 2:34 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    as above , its the MA you probably need

but the only surefire way to get landholder details is pay the LAND REGISTRY a few quid
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    Never reveal who was driving.

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

Edit your OP to remove details of who was driving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

1,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin