Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lambert91
    • By lambert91 10th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lambert91
    Lifetime ISA question
    • 10th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    Lifetime ISA question 10th Jun 17 at 4:46 PM
    I currently have a H2B and continue to pay in £200 pcm. I also set up a nutmeg LISA back in April, with the £100 minimum to get the clock ticking. I am looking to buy a house in June 2018. The plan was to transfer my nutmeg account to a cash LISA but on the MSE website it says

"One small warning: Skipton has a T&C which allows them to stop accepting transfers in. It hopes not to have to activate it, but if too many people transfer at one time, it could stop them to allow it to give good customer service to all. It may therefore pay to transfer earlier rather than later."

Does that mean if i transfer my nutmeg LISA into the skipton LISA and waited until March next year to transfer my H2B in, they could reject the transfer? I will have a fair bit in my H2B by March next year and I dont want to risk being in a situation where I cant transfer the H2B funds in woth my LISA funds. Am i better off waiting for another cash LISA provider?

Thanks for reading.
Page 1
    • badger09
    • By badger09 10th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    • 5,088 Posts
    • 4,282 Thanks
    badger09
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    Have a read of the last couple of pages here on the same topic

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5431681&page=36
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,222Posts Today

8,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin