Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • messia07
    • By messia07 10th Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 130Posts
    • 1,645Thanks
    messia07
    0 WOW
    emailed receipt (?)
    • 10th Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    0 WOW
    emailed receipt (?) 10th Jun 17 at 3:57 PM
    not a big problem but i bought something from a big high street store and this time (for the first time) i agreed to have a copy of the receipt emailed to me... the only problem is i got my email address wrong (i think the other email address is in use)

i was just wondering, should i change my bank card or is there nothing to worry about?

thanks
Page 1
    • comeandgo
    • By comeandgo 10th Jun 17, 4:08 PM
    • 1,805 Posts
    • 2,395 Thanks
    comeandgo
    • 10th Jun 17, 4:08 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 4:08 PM
    Why would you change your bank card? There is nothing to worry about. They were just sending you a receipt, same as a paper one, the bank details are not on it.
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 10th Jun 17, 8:49 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 989 Thanks
    Tealblue
    • 10th Jun 17, 8:49 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 8:49 PM
    Contact them and give your correct e-mail and ask them to (re)send - then you can check exactly what information it shows. Highly unlikely to be any 'sensitive' info, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 11th Jun 17, 2:53 PM
    • 12,181 Posts
    • 11,503 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:53 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:53 PM
    I've had emailed receipts before and I don't even think they mention my home address let alone my card details so I don't think you should worry.

For the receipt, just contact the brand again and see if they'll send you a new copy to your real email address.

When it comes to numbers I don't see anything more than the last 4 digits of my card (no account number or expiry date or anything) so basicly no more than you'd see on the receipts you get given after you buy a bag of apples and a carton of milk apple from a supermarket- and these normally end up discarded in the bins outside. If it were possible to take the details from this, bins like these wouldn't be so full they have no space left to throw away those receipts!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin