Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arfa__
    • By Arfa__ 10th Jun 17, 3:06 PM
    • 449Posts
    • 1,455Thanks
    Arfa__
    TomTom Repair Recommendations
    • 10th Jun 17, 3:06 PM
    TomTom Repair Recommendations 10th Jun 17 at 3:06 PM
    Got myself a TomTom Start 60 satnav, still mostly works grand, but USB charging socket is loose and preventing it charging. A google highlights a few places that offer a repair service, but most have mixed reviews and seem to be one man firms working from home. TomTom seem to offer a repair service for €95 - bit steep considering brand new one is only £140.

Anyone had any experience of any repair firms? Be they local firms or TomTom themselves? Anyone tried repairing similar faults themselves? Any recommendations?
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Jun 17, 2:04 AM
    • 26,234 Posts
    • 10,474 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:04 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 2:04 AM
    If you can solder then you can fix it.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 11th Jun 17, 7:45 AM
    • 6,092 Posts
    • 5,525 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:45 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 7:45 AM
    Any mobile phone repair place will be able to have a pop at it.
    • reeac
    • By reeac 11th Jun 17, 8:45 AM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    reeac
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:45 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 8:45 AM
    If the USB socket is actually loose in the casing then maybe a drop or two of epoxy rein run around it would fix it. If, however, it's a loose electrical connection then sounds like a soldering job.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,493Posts Today

7,468Users online

Martin's Twitter