Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StevieOl
    • By StevieOl 10th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    StevieOl
    Moving house temporarily during mortgage application
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    Moving house temporarily during mortgage application 10th Jun 17 at 10:46 AM
    Hi,

I have a buyer for my house who wants to move by the end of the month, I have only recently had an offer accepted on a property I like and have just begun the mortgage application process. I don't want to hold up completion of the sale of my property for any reason, so will be moving back in with my parents for a (hopefully) short period whilst I wait for the purchase of my new property to complete. Will moving back in with my parents and the subsequent change of address cause problems with the mortgage application, and is there anything I can do to prevent that. I've been trying to find a straight answer to this question (I would have thought my situation was reasonably common...) but haven't been able to, so figured I'd ask here. Thanks
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 10th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 14,883 Posts
    • 7,487 Thanks
    ACG
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    Who is your lender?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • StevieOl
    • By StevieOl 10th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    StevieOl
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    I've applied with Coventry
    • Summer12
    • By Summer12 10th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Summer12
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    We sold our house before completing on the one we were purchasing, we moved into rented accommodation. I was worried about the same thing so left everything in our old address and just got our mail redirected. For the mortgage application process the rental address was used simply as a postal address. Although we did go back to our existing lender for the new mortgage and so they may have been less concerned with it than others.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 10th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 14,883 Posts
    • 7,487 Thanks
    ACG
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    I dont know about Coventry, I have known some lenders to be fine and other lenders to re-credit check the applicant.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,344Posts Today

7,761Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's existential Twitter poll: Choose betwn huge success & renown within ur lifetime then forgotten, or only after death but for millenia

• RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Follow Martin