Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sheffieldeagle
    • By sheffieldeagle 10th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    • 81Posts
    • 10Thanks
    sheffieldeagle
    Switch from Sainsburys
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    Switch from Sainsburys 10th Jun 17 at 10:11 AM
    Good morning

I've just made the switch from Sainsburys to EON and was wondering if anyone knows how long Sainsburys take to create a final bill. It's only just over a week since the switch. The online account says it's closed but no sign of the final payment (I'm in debit).

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 3,702 Posts
    • 2,002 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    Good morning

I've just made the switch from Sainsburys to EON and was wondering if anyone knows how long Sainsburys take to create a final bill. It's only just over a week since the switch. The online account says it's closed but no sign of the final payment (I'm in debit).

Many thanks
    Originally posted by sheffieldeagle
    Suppliers have up to 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer to raise a Final Bill. Your account has been closed pending receipt of an industry-validated meter reading from your new supplier.
    • sheffieldeagle
    • By sheffieldeagle 10th Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sheffieldeagle
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    Thanks for that much appreciated.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    Good morning sheffieldeagle and welcome to E.ON

Thank you Hengus.

When you change supplier, the customer would provide the new supplier with their start meter reads to open the account from.

These reads are sent to the old supplier via third parties to verify the reads, this is what can take the time.

The old supplier will then close the account and produce the final bill.

I'm always here if you need me.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sheffieldeagle
    • By sheffieldeagle 12th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sheffieldeagle
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    Thanks Helena. Much appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,642Posts Today

8,067Users online

Martin's Twitter