Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • george1968_
    • By george1968_ 10th Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    george1968_
    Do I Ask Them?
    • 10th Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    Do I Ask Them? 10th Jun 17 at 8:55 AM
    Removed removed
    Last edited by george1968_; 11-06-2017 at 8:14 AM.
Page 1
    • indsty
    • By indsty 10th Jun 17, 11:53 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    indsty
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:53 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 11:53 AM
    I'm sorry you are going through such a bad time. It would do no harm to email your previous therapist, briefly explain your situation and ask if he/she would be willing to see you for an initial session (if you can afford it) or if not could she suggest another source of help for you. It may be that just one or two sessions of "off loading" and being listened to would be helpful.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 10th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 2,337 Posts
    • 5,044 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 10th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    Please don t think I'm being flippant ..I'm really not ...but if there is someone who doesn't want a piece of you have you told them how you feel?

Have you thought about ringing the Samaritans ...just to off load ?

But I agree if you can afford some private sessions & they can accept you I would go for some sessions with your therapist
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 10th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 7,470 Posts
    • 25,207 Thanks
    Primrose
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    I sympathise with your plight. When you are struggling emotionally to cope you don't have the spare resources to let other sufferers all have a little peace of you and I think first thing you have to do to tell these people in the kindest way possible that that you're going to have to back off because you are no longer coping with your own problems.

I know you said you don't want to talk to strangers but I believe the Samaritans have an email service. Might that feel less confrontational for you if you are stressed? If you are genuine worried that your anger would lead you to harming others the. I recommend to try this route now to take a little of the pressure off yourself.

If you can afford a private therapist try a previous contact to explore cost and ask if they can recommend other options.

Could you cope with reading some self help books from your local library? They contain all kinds of techniques for coping with stress, depression and other conditions and if you could find some ways of being more in control of your owm emotions, this might help you a little.

you have obviously done well in the past coping in difficult circumstances so please don,t write yourself off. If necessary go back to your GP, be honest about your suicidal thoughts and anger and ask for help again. Could your GP direct you to any local carers organisations? Going along to some of their meetings, being able to share your emotions with others over a cup of tea who are in the same boat and suffering similar problems might help yiu feel less alone and isolated.
    Last edited by Primrose; 10-06-2017 at 5:15 PM.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 10th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 7,470 Posts
    • 25,207 Thanks
    Primrose
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    Forgot to add, have yiu checked out the Mind. Mental health website?
    https://www.mind.org.uk/

They have various sections on there with suggestions for help and support.
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 10th Jun 17, 6:07 PM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:07 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:07 PM
    I think you should contact your old therapist and if they agree, have however many sessions you can afford. With all the cuts to mental health services, it would be much less stressful to go private if you can.

However, one of the few (possibly only) things that NHS mental health services WILL react to, is thoughts of harming others. Even this would need to be detailed i.e.; plans of who and how etc, not just some vague thoughts that you have no intention of ever acting upon.

Of course, the 'help' they will offer might not be what you want or need but it's worth a thought for when your money runs out, if you are still having these feelings.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 37,403 Posts
    • 33,739 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    I think that if you were to say to your previous therapist that you will understand if they aren't able to see you again, but in that case you'd appreciate having suggestions of others who might be able to do, then they should respond in a way which doesn't feel too negative to you.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 1 shawl, 2 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure, 1 sock ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, t'other sock (just about to turn the heel!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,182Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin