Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 10th Jun 17, 6:07 AM
    • 2,870Posts
    • 38,862Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Saturday 10 June 2017
    • 10th Jun 17, 6:07 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 10 June 2017 10th Jun 17 at 6:07 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 10 June 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, cloudy, dull and overcast here, air feels warm, but looks like it could rain at any moment.

DH and myself up and enjoying first peaceful cuppas, he's now getting ready for work, I'm showered and dressed as I'm working too this morning. Boys still in their pits. DS2 wants to go to the gym this morning and I'll give him a lift as far as my work car park, he'll walk the last bit.

Dinner last night was chicken and ham kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I had a jacket potato and salad. Tonight we'll be having roast chicken portions, smokey kebabs, vegetable rice and vegetable noodle dish.

Yesterday I managed to get the ironing done, and continued with the washing, the basket was empty and most of it was line dried, although I did use the TD for 1 load just for 20 minutes to finish off, it wasn't dry enough to iron and put away and I didn't want wet washing hanging about the house.

My nails look stunning as always, and that makes me feel so much better, throat is improving and I think this virus is on it's way out as I've had a couple of nights much better sleep, and generally don't feel so rough.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 10-06-2017 at 6:23 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • karcher
    • By karcher 10th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 1,385 Posts
    • 11,631 Thanks
    karcher
    Well. it's been a strange old day here. Heavy rain all morning, low cloud and low temperatures. I was cold enough to light the woodburner. Two hours later the rain dries up, the clouds lift and the sun comes out. Now I'm boiling hot with the fire blazing and the front door open!

The fire will burn down soon. I'm on the sofa reading. Didn't get much else done, it's all good intentions though.

Originally posted by Gers
    Well judging by the huge (free) wood stash you have it's not as if you can't spare a few logs for a chilly/warm summers day
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    • 15,277 Posts
    • 62,627 Thanks
    Judi
    Afternoon all

Busy day for me. I've got my Grandson for a few hours to give his Mummy a bit of a break.

How come, not so long ago I was looking after my own children and now I'm looking after my childrens children?

Hubby's car that he uses for work is in the garage. New steering thing needed. Hopefully it will be covered by the warranty though. Hope so, the car is only 2 and it's got a 3 year manufacturer's warranty.

Nannywindow What a wonderful neighbour you are!

FBO What are you going to do?

Onwards and forwards

Have a great evening all
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    • 5,909 Posts
    • 34,942 Thanks
    Gers
    Well judging by the huge (free) wood stash you have it's not as if you can't spare a few logs for a chilly/warm summers day
    Originally posted by karcher

Not using that wood yet, there's a small stash in the little barn in the back garden. It's well overdue to be used and burns down very fast, I'm using that up for chilly not not cold days.

Unsurprisingly I fell asleep on the sofa. Hot air round me and a soft breeze over the top- door wide open.

I've been out and given the pretty useless and very overgrown flowering black currant bush a good old trim. That's the last of the huge green bushes cut back, two by chainsaw and one by secateurs. It's probably the wrong time of the year for doing it but they were taking over that whole east wall with no good reward. Two without flowers and the flowering blackcurrant only flowering for about 15 minutes and then producing fruit which can't be eaten.

Now trying to finish off this book and waiting for Dr Who to start.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 10th Jun 17, 6:36 PM
    • 15,493 Posts
    • 126,286 Thanks
    JackieO
    weather surprisingly warm here in Kent, 24c this afternoon.bought myself and DD some plants at the school fete.really nice ones and its all in a good cause I also had a lovely cuppa and a slice of home made blackcurrant and lemon sponge which was gorgeous, an unusual combination but hey ho two of my five a day at least ,even if it was wrapped in sponge cake
    I have a couple of HM eccles cakes to have tonight while watching TV that I bought at the fete for 50p and I won a jar of HM pickles in the raffle.
    Tonight its feet up and a bit of TV I think, with maybe a glass of red wine as a treat .
    have a good evening chums what ever you are doing ,enjoy.

JackieO xx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 10th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    • 1,243 Posts
    • 13,989 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Back from our event and cream crackered. I've got puffy feet, sore ankles and a very painful knee, must have wrenched it somehow, been sore for a couple of weeks. I'm going to sit with my foot up.
    Got nice glass of wine though and OH has just fed me on scampi and salad (not the dog obvs)
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,481Posts Today

8,485Users online

Martin's Twitter