Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 9th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    • 1,708Posts
    • 3,042Thanks
    swingaloo
    Why is this happening.
    • 9th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    Why is this happening. 9th Jun 17 at 9:30 PM
    My friend has started his own business and has a Facebook page relating to it.

I'm dealing with any messages for him as he cant monitor it whilst out on a job.

The trouble is that every time I try to log in with his details (which I have checked and double checked) the search bar comes up with the message 'The email address you have entered does not match any account'. but each time I put the details in and hit return it reverts to my email address and not the one I have entered. Presumably that's because I have my details saved on my laptop.

Anyone know how I stop it reverting to my email address. The strange thing is that if I put my friends personal account details instead it lets me log in to his account with no problem. Its just when I try to put his business email address in it reverts to mine each tie.
Page 1
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 9th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 1,759 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    DavidP24
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    You do not say which browser you are using, it may have saved your username and login.

It could also be that your username and email etc are saved in cookies. You can delete cookies in your browser between sessions or use ccleaner which is much more thorough.

Saving passwords in browser is not a good idea as it is not secure, you could use LASTPASS.COM to suck them out of your browser and store them securely in an encrypted vault.

One quick way to get around the issue you are having is to use a different browser when doing your friends social media.

Browsers you may consider include

Firefox
    Chrome
    Opera
    Comodo
    Safari

There are more but that should do!
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 10th Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    • 4,658 Posts
    • 4,319 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    So to summarise...
    • You log in with your own email address - and there's no problem
    • You log in with your friend's personal email address - and there's no problem
    • You log in with your friend's business email address - and it says 'The email address you have entered does not match any account'

I'd say it's pretty certain that you're entering the wrong email address.

You probably need to re-check the email address with your friend.
    • chezybezy
    • By chezybezy 10th Jun 17, 9:48 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    chezybezy
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:48 PM
    • 10th Jun 17, 9:48 PM
    or you could try using your own browsers incognito tab / new private window option.
    might make things easier by using the same browser?
    - Chez
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,371Posts Today

8,488Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin